Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Saw two films yesterday, one at the cinema - 'Star Trek Into Darkness' (3D) which was a hugely enjoyable movie, and without doubt, worthy of the [Star Trek] name... Like Skyfall, the end feels like the beginning, if that makes sense – the exploration (that five year mission) starts now... assuming the franchise continues. I for one will look forward to the next.

And at home we watched 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' nice British film, set in India... Lightweight, but very amusing, with a great cast.

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Red Dawn, the remake. Eh. Not a lot of substance to it. It could have been a lot better. Cheesy writing in places. Though it was nice to look at Chris Hemsworth... lol

Writing the script? Hmm. I dunno...but thanks.
Sure. Why not? I am still having problems with my George Washington Zombie Hunter script. I know it starts off with an opening scene of a ship with a cargo of rum leaving Jamaica in 1740. You see one of the sailors walking to one of the boats to row up to the ship. A surly looking older man with gray hair is following the sailor and yelling at him. Finally the sailor turns around and tells him to go away. The man gets mad and says something we need translation for and extends his hand to the sailor as he is walking away. His eyes glow as he says the chant and the sailor stops for a second as if he feels something. He turns around and the man is no longer there. We then cut to the ship voyage and the sailor is sick and pale expelling blood from his mouth. Days later he dies but he comes back....... Then we cut to the same ship running aground on the coast of what is now Rhode Island. Over the ship's rail tumbles about 30 zombies---formerly the ships crew....... Then we get the splash screen of the title George Washington Zombie Hunter. :p

Sure. Why not? I am still having problems with my George Washington Zombie Hunter script. I know it starts off with an opening scene of a ship with a cargo of rum leaving Jamaica in 1740. You see one of the sailors walking to one of the boats to row up to the ship. A surly looking older man with gray hair is following the sailor and yelling at him. Finally the sailor turns around and tells him to go away. The man gets mad and says something we need translation for and extends his hand to the sailor as he is walking away. His eyes glow as he says the chant and the sailor stops for a second as if he feels something. He turns around and the man is no longer there. We then cut to the ship voyage and the sailor is sick and pale expelling blood from his mouth. Days later he dies but he comes back....... Then we cut to the same ship running aground on the coast of what is now Rhode Island. Over the ship's rail tumbles about 30 zombies---formerly the ships crew....... Then we get the splash screen of the title George Washington Zombie Hunter. :p

But the rum is safe? What happens to the rum? I gotsta know!
:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
As long as it was saved is all I care about. As for it making zombies out of those who drink it, well that is normal so it is neither contaminated nor cursed.:D

Particularly if it's overproofed Jamaican Rum!!!!! Burns going down... sometimes burns coming out and you act silly in-between.

Worf

The rum is contaminated and just makes more zombies of the people that drink it.:eeek: The voodoo doctor cursed everything.:eusa_doh:
What, only one kind of rum? 'Cuz, y'know, you really need at least three types of rum to make a proper Zombie. :D

Zombie_recipe.jpg

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
We went to the cinema to see the latest version of The Great Gatsby last night. It's a slow film, (it's a slow book,) but it's probably because I spend so much time admiring the details that I find it hard to follow the story.
The Duesenberg Model J car is to die for, but there was so much more. I loved the art deco centre motif of the ballroom floor. I loved the stage costumes of the Jazz Band and that semi-circular staircase with the galleried landing.........
I shall have to get the DVD and disect it, frame by frame.

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Inception really good film once it gets going, and you get you head around the concept... great looking film too.

I was hoping to see The Great Gatsby at the cinema, but its looks less likely... day off clashes and lack of babysitters... so this may have to wait for the BD release. A shame though, as I really wanted to see this on the big screen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner