Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Having watched Sharknado when it premiered on syfy, I am pretty sure the director and producers did not ask the actors to act.
:D

Sharknado is so bad, it is good!

Last film I watched was Niagara, with Marilyn Monroe.
She couldn't act either.

On the look out for anything with Terry Thomas, or Leslie Phillips that I haven't seen yet, in order to develop my 'good chap/total rotter' routine.

She couldn't act either.

On the look out for anything with Terry Thomas, or Leslie Phillips that I haven't seen yet, in order to develop my good chap/total rotter' routine.

Good only shows up at the end of that movie in the sense that it is good that it is finally over. And yet it did have a cheesily stupid entertainment value. I laughed throughout while commenting on how stupid it was but did not change the channel. I will watch Sharknado II.

She couldn't act either.

On the look out for anything with Terry Thomas, or Leslie Phillips that I haven't seen yet, in order to develop my 'good chap/total rotter' routine.

Oh yeah, Marilyn did not have to act, she just had to be Marilyn.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Good only shows up at the end of that movie in the sense that it is good that it is finally over. And yet it did have a cheesily stupid entertainment value. I laughed throughout while commenting on how stupid it was but did not change the channel. I will watch Sharknado II.

There's a Sharknado II? Lolz.

Today, I did a bit of reading (Wikipedia) about Jean Arthur. She was born in 1900 and died in 1991. So, when we watch here at her peak, she was in her mid 30s and 40s. I would have never guessed that.

Also, she was the mother in the classic movie "Shane." I've seen that movie 4 or 5 times, over the years, and never realized that. Though, in fairness, I was not as aware of her as I have become recently.

It's too bad that she isn't well known today. She deserves to be.

- Ian

I only knew her age because I've been a big fan, but your point is spot on. In an age of heavy drinking, smoking and not working out (oh, and sunning yourself was "good" for the skin), it is amazing how youthful she looked into her forties.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
How could there not be? It was announced days after the premiere that there would be a sequel.

Of course! They had plenty of sunny days to overlap the CGI storm onto, Ian Ziering was already on the set (well if you call the pier and city streets a "set"), and they knew where to find Tara that week. :D
I have to say, the Rifftrax boys (Mike, Kevin & Bill) did a wonderful job on this one, I can't say that enough.
This is the trailer for their take on it.
[video=youtube;OYV5YPtupmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYV5YPtupmA[/video]
It won't be too long after SNII that they riff it as well.
Why is the movie so bad?
There are crowds of people in the background, that aren't aware of the sharknado, because of course it's not there.
Stock footage of people on the beach, nowhere NEAR the actual storm.
And a little known detail overlooked, is that Tara's hair is dry a lot even though she just got out of the storm.
Maybe she uses that new Raindance shampoo, which beads the water up and runs it off, allowing the surface to dry quickly. :D

Bigfoot starring Danny "Danny Partridge" Bonaduce, Barry "Greg Brady" Williams, Howard "Dr. Johnny Fever" Hesseman, Sherilyn Fenn, and Alice Cooper. Fenn has aged as badly as Val Kilmer or as Bonaduce and William's acting. Some of the worst special effects ever seen on syfy. Bigfoot appears to be King Kong or an angry Mighty Joe Young. Who knew he would be so big?

Last edited:
Trouble Along The Way (1953) starring John Wayne, Donna Reed, Charles Coburn and Sherry Jackson.

I liked it!

- Ian

I liked it too. While the story is transparent - and Donna Reed came off as too brittle early so that her transition felt forced - Wayne and Coburn carried it with their personalities and acting. It is nice to see Wayne not in a "Wayne" roll. I like seeing stars do that - some of my favorite Errol Flynn movies are when he is not playing the action adventure hero like in "Never Say Goodbye."

As to "Trouble Along the Way," "Angels in the Outfield" has a somewhat similar plot but works even better. If you enjoyed TATW, keep an eye out for AITO - I think you'll enjoy it.

Dangerous (1935) with Bette Davis, Franchot Tone, and a host of others. Davis won an Oscar for her performance.

Just looked it up and am surprised I haven't seen it as I like Bette Davis (as an actress, not an easy personality to like) and always like Tone (he is forgotten now, but I like his low-key approach). What did you think of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran