Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Fred Claus. Love this movie with Paul Giamatti, Vince Vaughn, Kevin Spacey, and Rachel Weisz. It's fun, charming, and an all around good Christmas movie.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
The Monuments Men.

Also my last film, and something of a disappointment.
I found Robert M. Edsel's namesake book ill structured and poorly written, and I came away from the film believing
The Monuments Men might have worked better as a cable mini series rather than a feature film production.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
'A Christmas Story'
Gotta get it in at least once.:D

Interestingly enough, my father and I never liked that movie. I remember watching it with him one Christmas morning when I was young, and neither of us liked it. I personally was always creeped out by the Santa, and found the story itself uninteresting.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Interestingly enough, my father and I never liked that movie. I remember watching it with him one Christmas morning when I was young, and neither of us liked it. I personally was always creeped out by the Santa, and found the story itself uninteresting.

Interesting is the influence grownups have on the young ! ;)

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I caught the last hour of It's a Wonderful Life on TV, but I'm gonna stick in my copy when I wrap presents later tonight. It's a tradition to watch this movie every season and has been ever since I was a little kid. It's one of my favorites.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Somehow got rooked into watching another tween flick on HBO. "Divergent" is the absolute worst steaming pile of donkey droppings I've yet seen in this trend. I hope and pray that this is the last nail in the whole Girl Tween love story genre. The female lead was... wretched, putrid, amateurish and totally unbelievable in anything she did, said or thought. All those millions wasted an absolute piece of rubbish!

Worf

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
The Santa Claus 2. Wow, did Disney mess this up. Another one of those cheap sequels dumbed down for the kiddies. The original had so much double entendrè humor, that's what made it cute and enjoyable for both kids and their parents. This sequel is just stupid and unintelligent with childish humor and a weak excuse for a plot.

Last edited:
'The Day the Earth Stood Still.'
I love a 50s flying saucer flick, but I also love a movie with a good plot and well developed characters. This one is a rare example of both.

Double feature tonight: The Bells of St. Mary's, and Christmas with the Kranks. Loved the first, want the 90 minutes of my life back for the second. :(

As a fan of "The Bells of St. Mary," I would also recommend to you "Going My Way," basically the prequel to "The Bells of St. Mary," and the better of the two, IMHO, and "Boys Town," an earlier Spencer Tracy very well done entry in the "how love and kindness with some thoughtful, tough discipline can raise better boys" movies.

Crosby is at his best in "Going My Way."

The_Thundering_Herd_1933_Poster.jpg

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Thieves' Highway (1949)

5764695460_c46449a9ab_z.jpg

The Street With No Name (1948)

the-street-with-no-name.jpg

Both were very good! Additionally, both movies have a lot of great jackets/coats, hats, suits and boots/shoes in them.

- Ian

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
'A Christmas Story'
Gotta get it in at least once.:D

Same here with us. We can practically recite whole scenes but still watch it every Christmas season.
On Saturday we watched the newest Planet of the Apes (Rise? Dawn? Eruption?) Yeah, there's logic slips here and there (can't shoot a bunch of simians charging right straight at your automatic weapons? Apes respond to human medicine exactly the same way humans do?), but the cgi was amazing.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
^ Here, as well. I try to watch it every year. I've always loved this movie. I first saw it at the theater, with my grandfather, when it was released in 1983. We both loved it and took my mother and grandmother to see it the following year when it was rereleased. However, I also make a point not to see it more than once per year. I don't want to ruin/spoil the movie for myself by running it into the ground until I'm sick to death of it.

- Ian

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Joe And Max. A pretty good movie. Sad about how Joe ended up. I wonder if he would have done better if he could have moved to Germany?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Last night we watched A Christmas Story. It was my first time sitting and watching it all the way through. I'd seen bits and pieces before. And now that I've seen it.... I don't need to see it again. :/

And we started watching Amadeus (director's cut). Hubby's never seen it before. It's not usually his genre of movie (he likes sci-fi and martial arts, remember), but he was getting into it. It might have been the cold medicine he was on, though. We'll see if I can get him to watch more of it with me tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner