Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Two films I watched yesterday that I highly recommend...

'Breach' (2007) is based on the true story and arrest of FBI agent Robert Hanssen who sold secrets to the Soviet Union in 2001.

From Mexico, 'Amores perros' (Love's a Bitch) (2001). A very disturbing film of life in Mexico City. The scenes of the illegal dog fights are very hard to stomach (though, of course, they are not real).

Corto

A-List Customer
I just saw the original version of the The Caine Mutiny.
FANTASTIC acting. It was a shock to see a "babyfaced" Lee Marvin (with brown hair!).

I was a little disappointed that they didn't follow the book a little more closely at certain points (especially regarding the ramifications of the court martial)- but it was well done. Having read the book it was also amazing to see real footage of WWII/1950's-era naval vessels.

...and not to mention the great acting by Bogey and Jose Ferrer.

CaineMutiny45.jpg

Josephine

One Too Many
I watched Steve Martin's Pennies From Heaven yesterday. Well, I stared it. Finally had to fast forward to Walken's dance routine and then after that, turned it off. The clothes, setting, etc were great, I just couldn't take the plot/acting.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Josephine said:
I watched Steve Martin's Pennies From Heaven yesterday. Well, I stared it. Finally had to fast forward to Walken's dance routine and then after that, turned it off. The clothes, setting, etc were great, I just couldn't take the plot/acting.

One of my favorite depressing musicals, actually. :) I haven't seen the original British TV version with Bob Hoskins yet, but I hear it's great.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
KY Gentleman said:
She was great in every role I saw her in but with Mel Brooks she was perfect!
I especially liked her in "Young Frankenstein" ,too.

I think my favorite scene of hers is the "I'm Tired" number in Blazing Saddles (my favorite Brooks film after The Producers"). Lilly Von Schtupp, her take off of Dietrich is so dead-on. "I've been with hundreds of men! Again and again...!"

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:

'Breach' (2007) is based on the true story and arrest of FBI agent Robert Hanssen who sold secrets to the Soviet Union in 2001.
Can you say more about Breach Quigley? I've really wanted to see that one and I'd be interested to hear more about it.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Do any of you get the Sundance Channel? I've been pretty much glued to that station since the cable company started carrying it a short while ago.

Last night was 'C.R.A.Z.Y.' (2005) A coming of age film (French Canandian) about a boy growing up in the 60s and 70s with his crazy family. Must See!

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
Quigley Brown said:

Can you say more about Breach Quigley? I've really wanted to see that one and I'd be interested to hear more about it.

It's definitely a thinking person's kind of film. It's all head games to catch this guy. Chris Cooper as Robert Hanssen is just perfect.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
imoldfashioned said:
Quigley Brown said:

It's definitely a thinking person's kind of film. It's all head games to catch this guy. Chris Cooper as Robert Hanssen is just perfect.

Thank you, Sir. I adore Chris Cooper. I saw him speak once out of character and he was just adorably shy. Surprising.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Last movie I saw was "Walk the Line". Definitely well done, with strong performances. My fella and I were a little disappointed that the movie focused solely on his relationship with June Carter and ignored one of the things that made him truly remarkable - being a left leaning social activist while the country music genre is in large part extremely conservative.

Hondo

One Too Many
Scoop

A little film with Woody Allen & Scarlett Johansson, weird, but they called this film a romantic comedy yet the ending was strange, creepy if you ask me, I actually enjoyed it until the ending, it left me wondering “This was a romantic comedy?” [huh]

GO PATRIOTS!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff