Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

My son and I watched this again hoping the second time around would offer us a chance to like it more than we did the first time. Nope .... it was not any better. Harrison Ford is just to old to play Indy now .. and the move did not come across bigger than life. It played ordinary and predictable. Too bad. This coming weekend we are going to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark :eusa_clap and recapture the awe. Cheers

Cricket

Practically Family
My sister in law and I went to the movies to see The Duchess. I loved it! I have a thing for period movies. It is one of those movies that are great to see with the girls, buy a slice of pie afterwards, pour a cup of coffee and just talk about.

Panache

A-List Customer
Jacques Tournier's classic Night of the Demon (The American cut of the film was called Curse of the Demon).

It is a tradition with me to stay up late (perhaps with a lovely dram in hand) with the lights out and watch this near Halloween every year.

A really wonderful movie though flawed by a couple of shots (supposedly added by the producer). I wonder if anyone will ever turn their flim wizardry to this great movie to edit them out?

Still well worth watching

Cheers

Jamie

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I can't find anything on TV so I put the DVD of "Red Dawn" on.
This was the first video my wife and I rented to watch in our first apt. on our new VCR. Wow, 1984 was awhile ago!
Wolverines!!!

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
John in Covina said:
The Superbit version of Bram Stoker's Dracula (the Copola one.) With some amazing imagery and fanciful miniatures, it still comes down to some people should not be asked to do British accents when acting.
You know, I find myself defending the fact that I like this movie more often than any other. It really is the accents that do the film in. Outside of that, I think it's great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran