Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Macheath

One of the Regulars
El Erico said:
Next up is "Little Ceasar" with E.G. Robinson....

I think there's also a film where Cagney, Robinson, and Bogart starred together. Can't remember which, but I'll be looking it up and putting it on my Netflix list.

I also get a big kick out of Cagney, in any movie. It's just everything about him: the way he walks, talks, how he parts his hair in the middle, every little thing about him is just COOL.

glazierman

New in Town
The whole family went to see Marley & Me yesterday afternoon. Not quite as good as the book, but still not a dry eye in the house. Also took the kids to see Bedtime Stories. Pretty entertaining.

funneman

Practically Family
glazierman said:
The whole family went to see Marley & Me yesterday afternoon. Not quite as good as the book, but still not a dry eye in the house. Also took the kids to see Bedtime Stories. Pretty entertaining.

We did the same thing! I laughed out loud more than I thought I would at Bedtime Stories. Cried more than I thought I would at Marley and Me. The scenes at the Vet hit a little too close to home.:(

A movie question for you all...

I can't remember the website, but there used to be a movie web site where you could put in one, two or possibly more actors and it searched the database and would pull up the movie(s) they were in together. It was helpful if you had a movie you can't think of the title but where you knew the 2 (say 2) were in together and would list the flix.

Does anyone know this site or one like it?

byronic

One of the Regulars
The Ghost Goes West

The_Ghost_Goes_West.jpg
Watched a DVD of this today (thank you, Santa), I wasn't even aware that it was available on disc. Haven't seen it for more years than i care to remember. a thoroughly charming comedy, not that you'd guess it from this rather garish poster.

Lawrence of Arabia

O`Tooles performance is riviting,the role of T.E. is quite good,spectacular work in all aspects.Other movies pale in comparision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He makes Indianna Jones look like a baffoon...............

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I started watching "Grand Hotel". I love the cast- Garbo, Crawford, both Barrymores... but I had to take a break midway through. Its a sloooow mover! I saw it was a "Best Picture" winner in '32, I hope it takes off soon.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Last night, 1945's "Sabrina," with Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn, and William Holden, directed by Billy Wilder.

This morning, 1942's "Woman of the Year," with Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn.

KatintheHat

Suspended
I'm watching "The Sound of Music" and I am not ashamed.

It's the best musical made in my lifetime. I remember seeing it at the Cinema, and standing in line in a small town.

Don't get no better. :D

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Black Angel (1946, Universal) with Dan Duryea, June Vincent, Peter Lorre, and Broderick Crawford. Not so much film noir (as it is usually referred to as), but more a mystery film based on Woolrich's novel. Duryea and Lorre were very good, June Vincent pretty, but a bit too held back at times (although maybe that's how her character was supposed to be), and Crawford too low key. The plot was not as logical as it could have been, but still worth a view. Keep in mind that I had just seen Double Indemnity before Black Angel, so a comparison is almost impossible to achieve. (I'll say, though, that the opening camera dolly from Duryea to an apartment window on Wilshire Blvd., and the fact that it takes place in Los Angeles;) , makes it good enough for a gander.) I wonder what last surviving cast member June Vincent is doing now?

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I finished "Grand Hotel". It was a slow starter but it does pick up after about 45 minutes. Joan Crawford was very good, I thought she out did Greta Garbo in her performance. Wallace Beery, the Barrymores were also fun to watch.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
KY Gentleman said:
I finished "Grand Hotel". It was a slow starter but it does pick up after about 45 minutes. Joan Crawford was very good, I thought she out did Greta Garbo in her performance. Wallace Beery, the Barrymores were also fun to watch.

Beery, I think, made a poor choice in affecting that atrocious "German" accent. Otherwise, GH is one of my favorite pictures.

This evening we have been watching two-reelers, including Chaplain's "A Day's Pleasure", Glen Tryon in "45 Minutes from Hollywood", Charley Chase in "Limousine Love", and one of my favorites, "Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou