Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Louie

Familiar Face
I just picked up the Abbott and Costello box set and have been watching all their films in order of release so it would be "Hit The Ice".

analiebe

A-List Customer
just last night went with dear friends to see the stunning shanghai express (josef von sternberg 1932) at ACMI as part of the focus on anna may wong series... always such a joy to see an original print of a classic film... an absolute treat - hadn't seen this fabulous film for years... such wonderful cinematography and superb design...

Feraud

Bartender
Miss Golightly said:
Let the Right One In
Excellent film. It's Twilight for intelligent adults.

Watched Black Angel with Dan Duryea, June Vincent, Peter Lorre, Broderick Crawford.
The murder of a female blackmailer brings together her husband and the convicted man's wife to try and solve the murder!

Edward

Bartender
Lonely Hearts

Picked it up cheap on DVD in the supermarket. One I'd wanted to see but missed in the cinema, it's 40s set with some great clothes and fatures Salma Hayek - the fact that it's quited good on top of that is really something of a bonus. lol

Also rewatched The Dark Knight, which is actually rather better than I recalled it as being.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
LizzieMaine said:
A documentary called "Tapped," an expose of the bottled water racket. For some reason we didn't sell a single bottle of the stuff the whole show. If they ever delve into the hidden politics of popcorn, we're sunk.

Im all about this. Its by the people who did 'Who Killed the Electric Car". It came to my area but was part of a festival and I didnt get to see it. I hope it pops up again soon.

LD

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Night People (1954) with Gregory Peck. Mr. Rectitude plays a fast-talking, seat-of-pants Army colonel in occupied Berlin, and in a shocking casting-against-type moment, Greg violently... well, you'll have to watch it to believe it. Buddy Ebsen plays Peck's sergeant. Broderick Crawford plays a wealthy Toledo, Ohio, business man, sort of channeling Harry Brock from Born Yesterday.

Fast paced, wild plot loop de loops, a lot of wide set ups due to being shot in Cinemascope (people yelling at each other across a big room). Check it out if it plays on Fox Movie Channel.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Casablanca, just now. And I've had a good laugh at my favorite lines: "I'm shocked, shocked to find gambling going on here. 'Your winnings, sir.' Oh, thank you very much." :)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
The Women
Absolutely wonderful. This was my hubby's first time seeing it and he was impressed too.

On the DVD, there was a preview for a 1950's remake called The Opposite Sex with June Allyson.
Does anybody know if it is as appallingly bad as it looked in the preview? I'm curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats