Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Casablanca

Man, I just never get tired of all the great lines.

Ugarte: "...I trust you because you despise me, Rick."

girl at the bar to Rick: "Will I see you tonight?"

Rick: "I never make plans that far in advance."

"I like to think you killed a man. It's the romantic in me."

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Let's see, watched a few movies on the cheesey movie channel before I went to work yesterday, although I did end the day with a good one.
There was Black Voodoo Exorcism circa 1974, Horrors of Spider Island circa 1962, and A Star is Born circa 1937.

djhatman

One of the Regulars
I saw Inglourious Basterds last Saturday. I think it was about 30 minutes to long other then that I enjoyed it for the most part.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Blue Dahlia

...with Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake. Afterward I read their bios on IMDB and found it so sad. She died at age 53 and he died at age 50, after having tried to commit suicide 2 years earlier.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Valkyrie. Good flick. Glad I watched it. I do remember a woman telling me not to bother with it, though, as it was "pro-Nazi." Methinks she didn't watch the same film I did.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Deception

dhermann1 said:
"Deception", 1946 Bette Davis Claude Raines flick. Cool psychological thriller, featuring one of the snazziest apartments ever on the silver screen. It was supposedly based on Leonard Bernstein's New York apartment. TOTALLY 40's Art Moderne.
Thank you dhermann1! Completely enjoyable. How did my mom and I ever miss this film?

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
Up jumped a surprise

Saw "District 9" last friday. I shy away from films like this as they usually depend on the gimmicky, mechanical, and special effects to put the picture over. However, this film concentrated a great deal on the protagonist's
feelings as he changed throughout the film. While Hollywood normally can't resist the over-use of CGI, in "District 9" I not only wasn't annoyed by it, I actually enjoyed and came very close to buying into some of it!
The best part was the end, as it too was contrary to most films, in that the "hero" doesn't get to ride off into the sunset with the school marm to live happily ever after. Gotta love them sad endings!!!

LordBest

Practically Family
Inspector Montalbano, The Shape of Water.

One of a serious of superb Italian films about the fictional Italian detective of Andrea Camilleri's novels. Worth watching for the scenery and culinary references alone.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
AmateisGal said:
Valkyrie. Good flick. Glad I watched it. I do remember a woman telling me not to bother with it, though, as it was "pro-Nazi." Methinks she didn't watch the same film I did.
Yeah, it was much better than I thought it would be. I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, but that was a good movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner