Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Chet

New in Town
"Moontide". A 20th Century Fox noir gem from 1942. Starred Ida Lupino and Jean Gabin, the "French Spencer Tracy". Claude Rains and Thomas Mitchell (in a very uncharacteristic role) round out the cast. Based on a novel of the same name which was initially deemed "unfilmable" due to it's dark themes. Salvador Dali was consulted to create a surrealistic alcoholic binge sequence. Nominated for an Academy Award in cinematography. Fritz Lang was the initial director but left after a few weeks. His style was maintained by replacement director Archie Mayo. Highly recommended.

Berlin

Practically Family
The boy in striped pyjamas.

Gosh, whát a sad movie!
If you haven't seen it, you really should. I can recommend this one.
Beware for the sad ending!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
GI Joe
It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. Well, let me rephrase that. The Joes were pretty okay, the international thing was cool, the Cobras were laughable.

The CG was eh. People are SO over seeing world monuments get destroyed in action movies. I just kept thinking where did they get all the raw materials to build these massive fortresses! lol

The parts they actually talked with what limited dialogue they said was fun, and the kid fight sequence was awesome.

But where was Lady J? She was totally my favorite Joe and she wasnt there!
Oh well.

LD

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
machine%20gun%20kelly%20os%20large.JPG

It was Ok, but I didn't really get into it. Seeing Charles Bronson playing a gangster wasn't too convincing and boy was he yella' at the end when the cops nabbed 'em. "Pop gun Kelly!" lol

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Check your brain at the door day!

Got up early and went crazy on work I can only do when my spine is in the best of moods.
About noon I turned on the tube just as "Die Hard" started on the Action channel...
Now watching the third in the series [huh] yippee ki yi eh? :eusa_doh:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

This has got to be one of the best SciFi films I have ever seen. Everything was so well crafted. The acting, direction, concept design, ascetic, pacing, music. It was such its own world.

Its about a guy on a base on the moon who supervised these machines that harvest solar energy from the moon's rock. This new energy, helium 3 is then sent back to earth and used as 70% of the world's clean energy.

Hes up there alone for 3 years, and is getting close to the end of his tour. But hes starting to see things, and when he crashes his vehicle while making a repair, someone finds him and brings him back to the base, himself.

The big news isnt that they are clones, but its the way they process that revelation that was so fascinating. From there we go into knowing the original clone and how different he is from his newly awakened self.

Now there are a few plot holes, and a few inconsistencies that could have been resolved with a couple of lines of dialogue, but all in all it was so well done.

LD

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Song of the Thin Man. How have I neglected to watch the Thin Man movies all these years? I've got some catching up to do - thoroughly enjoyed this one!

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Humorous yet politically warped, temporally weird...

Scott Wood said:
Watching "Honeymoon in Bali", a film from 1939 with Fred MacMurray and Madeleine Carroll.
This movie was comedic in that way that only an american movie of that era can be, a lot of little chuckles, a few good belly laughs and the odd embarassed chirp. lol
It's level of political correctness in this day and age would be ZERO! The premise from the beginning is that of a man showing the women he finds attractive, a successful career woman not believing in marriage and such, the error of her ways in taking off the apron.
Now... the big "but" (not butt lol )... Really strange to watch Fred MacMurray as a much younger man than I :eek: . Waking from dusty, cobwebbed nightmares in the morning expecting a family member to arrive with the paperwork to have me moved into a "home". Double checking that in my certain befuddled antiquity I am not brushing my teeth with Preparation H! Comparing prices on Grecian Formula and Geritol.
Whew! I DO rant, no? lol
Clinging gratefully to the thought: "We do not stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing".
Now that I have that out of my system and am once again ready to deal rationally with life, going to pop a lid on and go for a constitutional to get the mail, a few groceries and stop in at the coffee shop.
Wishing a grand day and well being to all you loungers out there ;)

Scooter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran