Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Hondo said:
Coming up tonight. I saw it in theater and will see it again tonight.
Dirty Harry in retirement ;)

It is a goodie isn't Hondo. I hadn't seen it before so it was a great surprise. Clint's a great actor, storyteller and director, I really, really enjoyed it!

WH1

Practically Family
Rendezvous (1935)

William Powell, Rosalind Russell:whistling and Cesar Romero.

Powell, witty, non-chalant and fun.
Russell, gorgeous and funny as always
Romero, handsome and slightly sinister

fun movie interesting as it is a World War I spy story, kind of!

Also I have decided I want to be William Powell when I grow up!

MCPRE

Familiar Face
MisterCairo said:
The last two back to back were Sherlock Holmes (very entertaining, will buy the DVD) and The Men Who Stare at Goats, also entertaining.

I liked Sherlock Holmes, the two teamed up together were great.
The setting was very realistic and enjoyed Holmes' wit.

Another good one I just saw was Brothers, very good drama. The oldest daughter was a very fine young actress!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
WH1 said:
Rendezvous (1935)

William Powell, Rosalind Russell:whistling and Cesar Romero.

Powell, witty, non-chalant and fun.
Russell, gorgeous and funny as always
Romero, handsome and slightly sinister

fun movie interesting as it is a World War I spy story, kind of!

Also I have decided I want to be William Powell when I grow up!
I wanted to see that but I was too lazy to get up.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
I saw two great movies on Turner Classic Movies this morning. Both of them had Ann Miller, the dancer as the main character. The first one was Revielle with Beverly. It was about a woman who became a radio DJ in 1943. After she put a record oon the turntable, the movie switched to the actual musicians playing those songs. I saw Duke Ellington and his band, the Mills Brothers, and a bunch of other musical acts. The second movie was a bout a woman who was trying to get into Kay Kyser's band. There were a lot of tunes played by the band including songs by Harry Babbitt and Ish Kabibble. Fantastic rare scenes in both. I'm going to try to get them from the TCM catalog. Since I like to play big band guitar, I got to see up close how it's done by the best in the business. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Professor

A-List Customer
"Mid-August Lunch", a delightful film...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="1300" height="765"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/t31wKgagKVU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/t31wKgagKVU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1300" height="765"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Dora Ainsworth

New in Town
I'm on a vintage movie marathon - currently watching Swing Time and absolutely in heaven with it. After that it's An American in Paris and Shall We Dance?.

Now if I could just dance like Ginger I'd be set.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
One great thing about those old movies is nothing gets blown up and you don't see any blood. Tonight the wife and I saw the Jeff Goldblum version of The Fly. It's definitely not the Vincent Price movie. Compared to the original, the remake was on heavy steroids. :eek:

Edward

Bartender
Silver Dollar said:
One great thing about those old movies is nothing gets blown up and you don't see any blood. Tonight the wife and I saw the Jeff Goldblum version of The Fly. It's definitely not the Vincent Price movie. Compared to the original, the remake was on heavy steroids. :eek:

Different beasts, for sure. I like both, myself, though the Goldblum vehicle has nothing as haunting as the fly body with Price's head...

Sincerely-Dee

One of the Regulars
I just finished watching Valkyrie. I quite enjoyed it.

Before this I had watched Cadillac Records. I may not be alone or the first in saying this but I don't think that Beyonce's voice evoked the era very well...

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Edward said:
Different beasts, for sure. I like both, myself, though the Goldblum vehicle has nothing as haunting as the fly body with Price's head...

It's a great scene when the human headed fly starts screaming "Help me, help me" in that little squeaky voice. I think it's one of the more common movie quotes. The special effects in the Goldblum version were great especially when he was genetically combined with the pod. His way of eating I could have done without.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda