Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Christy

One of the Regulars
Mad Men

I had heard of Mad Men a long time ago and tried to watch an episode but it was the middle of season 2 so I was completely lost.

I finally rented season 1 of Mad Men and we watched it this weekend, loved it! I'll have to rent season 2 now, and then wait for season 3 because I think it's probably too far into season 3.

Lady Day- I absolutely LOVE Dexter it is a show I can't miss! Johnathan Lithgow looks so creepy in the upcoming season (I watched the preview online). Sadly, we just canceled Showtime so I won't get to watch it until it comes out on DVD, I'm so bummed :(

Christy

One of the Regulars
I just watched the season premiere of Heroes tonight, it aired last night though. It's not vintage or even vintage inspired but I really love this show!

Warden

One Too Many
The BBC recently ran a series of programmes called "The week we went to War" and the in the wartime fashion programme, they featured Edna and I.

It has taken me a while to put the press release up on the net.

Enjoy

20090902-MK-News.JPG

Warden

One Too Many
Hey thats really kind, I could not find a thread about the programme, so I though this is the best place, especially as it was broadcast several days ago.

Harry

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Delia's Gone said:
Jon Lithgow gave me major creepy vibes in the season 4 opener. *shudder*

He was great. This season has the potential to be awesome.

I'm so happy that the show is using such fantastic guests in the (other) villain roles: Jimmy Smits (yummy!) last season, John Lithgow this season.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MsStabby said:
Showtime put the season premier up on Youtube, and I watched it last night (don't have cable).

Whoa!!!

I was talking with a friend about this ep, and I was addressing how puzzling it was going to be for him to *get* out of this situation, I mean he totaled his car (as my friend pointed out rather violently considering he just nodded off). He has body parts tied up in plastic bags in the back of his car! No telling where they all are now! lol I was concerned how the writing was going to get him out of this (which it will) and how believable that is that going to be....

Im glad to see Deb and Anton still together, but I cant *stand* Angel with LaGuerta! WHAT IS THAT ABOUT!!!! I thought Angel was adorable with his old girlfriend. I have no idea why they got rid of her, but I miss her.

I love the set up for the new killer, I think that will be for some great puzzles. But I was curious as to how he could afford a house like that. Again, TV puts characters in unrealistically expensive homes for the sake of looks. Anyway, I hope tonights ep is just as fun as last weeks :)

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Im really starting to like Glee.

I turned it off in the first ep because I could not *stand* seeing one more soul singing 'diva' character, but once you get past the few really cliched characters, its really an interesting and different show.

Picture4-1.png

That and I love Jane Lynch. She is one of the best comedic actresses around :)

LD

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I have very mixed feelings on Glee. I've watched a couple of episodes all the way through, and parts of a couple of others. I don't believe ANY of it, and it's mostly pretty predictible and cliched, and the bulk of the musical sequences only barely work for me... But at least it is a bit different, and it's got some interesting actors, like Jane Lynch(*), Jessalyn Gilsig (yes, I'm an old fan of Boston Public) and the adorable Jayma Mays.

(Does anyone know Lynch's hilarious, if very brief, performance as a disgusted TV host in the very, very funny Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story?)

Of course tonight, I'll be watching the PBS American Masters documentary on Joan Baez instead of Glee. (No, I don't even consider Glee worth taping at this point.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred