Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

LadyStardust

Practically Family
IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR! :)

New episodes for lots of shows! :)
And what did I tune in for? Law & Order: SVU! :) What an INCREDIBLE episode. Just WOW. So much going on, and while not exactly a shocking ending, very gripping to say the least. And for me maddening. Because the things the perp got away with were outrageous. I had no sympathy for her at all.
This episode set a high standard for the rest of the season, and I am SO looking forward to what my favorite has in store! :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Also, imoldfashioned, thank you so. :):eek: I love McClelland Barclay, and I really liked this illustration. :)

We've been watching series 1 of CSI on DVD.

I'd seen some of the later ones (along with the abysmal CSI: Miami) and i have to say that the first series trumps 'em all in terms of the use of realistic science gadgets/technologies/expertise.

The later series are simply absurd in this regard. Good science-fiction, but by no means accurate as to what is currently possible. Almost James Bond levels of absurdity.

bk

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Late night TV ... Game Show Network ... has been replaying episodes of Whats My Line. What a fun show that was.

I keep waiting for ESPN Classic to start replaying old ballgames from sometime other than the 80s and 90s. Doubt it'll happen. Not too many sports fans want to watch an entire game in grainy black & white, I guess.

Richard

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
We've been watching series 1 of CSI on DVD.

I'd seen some of the later ones (along with the abysmal CSI: Miami) and i have to say that the first series trumps 'em all in terms of the use of realistic science gadgets/technologies/expertise.

The later series are simply absurd in this regard. Good science-fiction, but by no means accurate as to what is currently possible. Almost James Bond levels of absurdity.

bk

My pet hate is the "looking at a fuzzy security camera picture, 'Hey, zoom in on that bit ... OK, clean it up ... Oh, now we can read the 10pt type on that tiny thing that you can't even see in the original shot'" clich?©!

he he, my favourite was on CSI Miami, where a persons hand (as it turned out, the killer . . . or so i recall) flashed past a mobile phone taking a video. The hand was back-lit.

Let's alter the lighting. okay!

Let's highlight and get a finger print! OKAY!

"Let's take down some bad guys" . . . fade to The Who and grimace (apparently his impression of what resolve/steely determination looks like) at camera.

horatio460.jpg

CLASSIC TV!!!

bk

p.s. On reviewing that photo, i find myself wishing he would gouge his eyes out.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Don't watch a lot of TV, just the news and some specials; however, this week, I am watching Ken Burn's The War.

Interesting to watch this special with my 88-year-old mother, who lived through those times, remembers the soldiers and sailors going off to war, including my father, remembers the rationing, the factory jobs (she was no Rose the Riveter, but did work in a factory making boxes that were used to store and ship ammunition. We lived with my grandparents who babysat me.

So, I not only get the perspective of the program, but my mother's input as well.

karol

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Baron, OK, that wins!

I also find it highly implausible that the Carusobot always seems to get the "hot babes", or at least had married that young sister of the other guy, despite having no emotions, personality, or looks.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
Baron, OK, that wins!

I also find it highly implausible that the Carusobot always seems to get the "hot babes", or at least had married that young sister of the other guy, despite having no emotions, personality, or looks.

Bwah! BK's photo and "Carusobot"--perfect!

Gideon Ashe

One of the Regulars
Yesterday. September 25,2007 at 9PM EDT

The Unit.
Outstanding!!!
Solid story.
Excellent acting.
Remarkable TV direction and nearly lavish production.
At no time did the producers or writers of this program take the viewers for granted with a less than credible presentation.
And to say the least, the adrenaline levels were as high as 24.
Maybe more so, since the circumstances with which the characters are confronted are kept to humanly possible conditions.

Jumping in cold without a predicate program may confuse, but that is remeadible through a video store and a peek at last seasons closing episode.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Gideon Ashe

One of the Regulars
HadleyH said:
I have watched no TV shows for ages.

You are obviously are a very smart lady. TV is a huge wasteland.
If I can find more than a few hours that is worth watching each week I am lucky.
Have to keep an eye on the weather during Huricane season though.
I do like to leave the thing on. One of my boy cats LOVES The Guiding Light, a soap opera.
He sits transfixed each day and will leave anything he is doing to watch.
Anything to keep the family happy, even the four legged members.lol lol

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Gideon Ashe said:
I do like to leave the thing on. One of my boy cats LOVES The Guiding Light, a soap opera.
He sits transfixed each day and will leave anything he is doing to watch.
Anything to keep the family happy, even the four legged members.lol lol

AWWWWWWWWWW Gideeon Ashe! your boy cat loves The Guiding Light? lol I love your cat! :D

Gideon Ashe

One of the Regulars
HadleyH said:
AWWWWWWWWWW Gideeon Ashe! your boy cat loves The Guiding Light? lol I love your cat! :D

Yeah! Me too. I have four felines, and the eldest boy, Asher, is the only one that pays any attention to the TV. He is also the first one to leap into my lap when it's music time, as well. Major tail sweeps IF he likes what is on the musical menu, and he will split if he does not care for what's playing.
Everyone's a critic.lol

He will always take a sniff of my drink(usually Talisker or Lagavulin) and turn in a circle, sneeze and then settle down. That boy has class.;)
He's a BIG fam of Miles and the Prez. Naps during the "Spain" album.
Have a very good evening.
G.Ashe

Gideon Ashe

One of the Regulars
"CANE" TV program on CBS

Twitch said:
Saw the new show Cane with Jimmie Smits last night.[huh]

I had the new show "CANE" saved on the DVR, and I watched it a short while ago.
I most likely could dig for (and not too deeply) things not to like, but in general, I was well pleased, with ALL of the four elements that are needed for a successful show. Story, Direction, Acting and Production.
All were in evidence in healthy portions.

I quite liked it, and was drawn to the concept and look foward to the further development of the plot. Sort of Dallas with Guayaberras, ron and cigars.
What's not to like?lol :eusa_clap lol:eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Finished The Office (US) season 3 :)

Tee hee. It was a hoot! But the end of the season kinda seak up on me. I was all "Thats it!? Aw man!"

Now I have on its way to me a new British mini series Jekyll. Hope its good.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko