Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

anabolina

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
Scubs The last season was lacking and this season's not looking any better so far.
I liked the last season if only for the musical and at least I laughed reasonably often and ?I think its made me laugh twice so far this season, Comedies should be funny by golly.

LD I so agree about Jericho, I'm so happy we get something more of it. I'll admit I had trouble getting back into it after the hiatus, if it hadn't been for a well timed con, I'd never have found the time to get caught up and I'm so happy I saw the second half of it, so worth all the time and effort to keep up with a current series(which is something new for me). It's weird, in 2 years I've gone from never watching current tv(no cable and crappy antenna) to keeping up with house, Heroes, Scrubs, The Office, Jericho(when it starts back up), and Psych.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
anabolina said:
I liked the last season if only for the musical and at least I laughed reasonably often and ?I think its made me laugh twice so far this season, Comedies should be funny by golly.

The Musical was awesome. I agree that comedies should be funny but I do love how they mix the comedy and tragedy in Scrubs. I think I,m just mad that they killed Laverne, though they brought her back as her twin.

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
We're most of the way through Ken Burns's The Civil War. Fantastic (although the narrator's voice is so soothing, if I've had a glass of wine, I'm liable to doze off!)

Gigi

New in Town
Spongebob in Atlantis Squarepantis! I mainly watched it because David Bowie was in it.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Watched "Foyle's War" last night which is on NRK1 here. I love this programme and religiously watch it. I have to start buying the DVD sets of it, definitely one to have and re-watch.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Rbowbrt said:
Just about finished watching Alfred Hitchcock presents Season 3...which includes my favorite episode Lamb to the Slaughter. :)

I loved that ep! I think my all-time favorites were Bull in a China Shop and There Was an Old Woman both with Estelle Winwood.

ETA: I'm currently watching The Andy Griffith Show. I don't sleep.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Watching season 6 of Scrubs, and although I know there is one last season, this one is sure running its course. I was weirded out by the first two episodes, then it seemed to pick up as if it were like it always was. Still its funny, but they seem to be trying way hard this go round. Oh well, Im half way through, we will see what happens :)

LD

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
You know Lady Day

I always loved Scrubs... The writing always seemed so sharp and perfectly matched with the cast...Sorry to hear about the lag time... That series was always well done and keep me laughing. Hope it gets better!

I just finished the Young Indy War Years series....They were all pretty sharp except one episode which just seemed like a waste of time and effort where he was trying to get a phone replaced...?????:eusa_doh:

All and all pretty well done and I only paid $30 for the boxed set! even the kids liked it!!

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
In my Anglophilia, I've been watching Extras and Little Britain. The discomfort of the shows is unbearable at times, but so brilliant! I've also been watching epsodes of Flight of the Conchords. So excellent.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I'm a big fan of The History Channel's 'The Universe.' The repeat of episode one was on last night. It nearly gives my head the 'Big Bang' trying to figure out what's out there and how it all began.:eusa_doh:

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I watched some PBS program about Johnny Cash's Variety show. I got to see some really great performances and was impressed with the diversity of musuc genres.

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
i'm a big sit-at-home-and-watch-series geek. so don't laugh.

i watched the episode of Angel in season 2 called "are you now, or have you ever been". it's the one set in the 50's about the hotel they all live in.

i'm currently rewatching buffy season 3.
also the new CSI is being aired next week. can't wait. i want to know what happened to Sarah! no spoilers, please.
also scrubs last season on tv. musical is genius but the rest of the episodes are poor. as has been previously mentioned.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
sophia la shok said:
i watched the episode of Angel in season 2 called "are you now, or have you ever been". it's the one set in the 50's about the hotel they all live in.

i'm currently rewatching buffy season 3.

That was a good ep of Angel.

I'm going to start watching Buffy season 3 with a couple of friends of mine--dinner and Buffy once a week. I never can decide which is my favorite--season two or season three? Two has lots of Spike and Dru and I love Jenny but Three has the Mayor and Faith. Whoever did the casting on that show was a genius.

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
imoldfashioned said:
That was a good ep of Angel.

I'm going to start watching Buffy season 3 with a couple of friends of mine--dinner and Buffy once a week. I never can decide which is my favorite--season two or season three? Two has lots of Spike and Dru and I love Jenny but Three has the Mayor and Faith. Whoever did the casting on that show was a genius.

see i don't think i've ever been able to decide what my favourite season of buffy is. the early ones are amazing but unlike most people i really like season 6 and 7 too. tara is just a brilliant character. season 4 is quite good cos of the whole spike being comedy gold and the willow/oz/tara storyline. and also Hush is in season 4. plus, i don't cry at most things. but when willow cries i go all emotional.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
sophia la shok said:
see i don't think i've ever been able to decide what my favourite season of buffy is. the early ones are amazing but unlike most people i really like season 6 and 7 too. tara is just a brilliant character. season 4 is quite good cos of the whole spike being comedy gold and the willow/oz/tara storyline. and also Hush is in season 4. plus, i don't cry at most things. but when willow cries i go all emotional.

I really like the later seasons too--there's something recommend each season I think. As much as I love Tara I think Oz and Willow were just the perfect couple (damn Seth Green's movie aspirations!). As for crying, anytime Willow is hurt forget it! But then, there's a quite a few episodes that make me cry (Passion, The Wish, The Prom, Family, The Body, Tabula Rasa, Hell's Bells, Grave, Lies My Parents Told Me, Chosen).

Spike is complete comedy gold (Lover's Walk is one of my favorites "You got any of those little marshmellows?") but he can be scary and touching as well --great character and James Marsters is fabulous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner