Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Edward

Bartender
I watched Blade the Series last night. I'm a sucker for a good vampyre yarn, and on the basis of this first episode, I think this series has legs. I enjoyed the films - not exatly Romeroesque social commentary, but big dumb fun. and hey, sometimes that's all ya want... ;)

All the weird stuff!

Miss Brill said:
I'm currently watching a show on the Discovery Channel about bigfoot. I love stuff like that. :eek: I love being scared.
I love that stuff too. Loc Ness monster, ghosts and supernatual occurences. Unexplained mysteries, ufo's and the generally creepy stuff.

zaika

One Too Many
watched the latest offering from "Ghost Hunters." it's one of my favorite shows, but the one last night was kinda...meh.
so i popped my Metalocalypse DVD's in the player and had a grand ol' time.

Edward

Bartender
Watched a documentary the other night on Barry Humphries - The Man Inside Dame Edna. Very well put together, with an amusing postmodernist twist: the linking device between some of the interviews was Humphries either as himself or as Edna, sitting in his lounge and commenting on the documentary itself while watching it. He is clearly a very intelligent man, a much more intriguing soul than I had previously been aware, and one heck of a sharp dresser. I adored his suits and the pinch in his fedroas was to die for! Just a shame there was no mention of my favourite role of his, Bert Schnick in Shock Treatment.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I was, typically, clicking back and forth between two channels, both of which had shows about peiple with messy cluttered houses that were trying to let go of their clutter and get rid of stuff. It traumatized me so much that I turned off the TV and started house cleaning. lol

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
WinoJunko said:
Malcolm In The Middle is on the telly right now. I really like it, its a pretty funny show.

Love that show--I wish that more than the first season would be released on DVD.

By the way, I wish to be in Glasgow too--I love that city! My best friend lives there, and it's one of the friendliest, most homely places I've been.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Finished the first season of Eureka, and I gotta say, it was fun. Campy and silly, but fun. It was refreshing to see a show that fun with middle aged characters as the focus instead of early 20 somethings or teens.

I wanna know what the psychiatrist is up to...

I hope it stays on. Its cute :)

LD

WinoJunko

One of the Regulars
sweetfrancaise said:
Love that show--I wish that more than the first season would be released on DVD.

By the way, I wish to be in Glasgow too--I love that city! My best friend lives there, and it's one of the friendliest, most homely places I've been.

Me too! I'm glad that they at least still air the re-runs. And as for Glasgow it is indeed a wonderful place. I'm Scottish-American and my family is from Glasgow so I would love to be back there.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Before my son quit his job at DVD Planet I went and bought seasons 4-5 of
Magnum PI. I had the first season and wanted 2 and 3 but they were sold out during the X-mas rush. Most people now a days dislike this show but it
was a favorite of all my friends. Most of who are now Law Enforcement ! There was a great episode where Tom went back in time to solve a crime. He woke up in the 1930s to clear the name of a Union leader accused of murder.
Definitley an 80s time capsule with the hair and NO CELLPHONES !

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Watched an episode of Fraizer Kinda reinforces how good writing actually makes a story about 2 effiminate brothers with professions as boring as psychiatry and the dullest lives possible actually be funny and quite watchable.

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
The past week and a half I've been getting together with a couple of friends and watching season 1 of Heroes. I don't have cable, but that show makes me wish I did!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
The Screen Actor's Guild Awards. All the winners were pretty much expected, but in general I really liked the overall atmosphere of the program. Thought they had a very sweet tribute to Charlie Durning before his Lifetime Achievement Award, I turned into a sobbing mess again during Deborah Kerr's segment on In Memoriam, and Daniel Day Lewis is amazing for dedicating his award and acceptance speech to Heath Ledger.
http://www.hollyscoop.com/heath-ledger/heath-ledger-remembered-at-sag-awards_14444.aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW