Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Edward

Bartender
sophia la shok said:
i'm a big sit-at-home-and-watch-series geek. so don't laugh.

i watched the episode of Angel in season 2 called "are you now, or have you ever been". it's the one set in the 50's about the hotel they all live in.

i'm currently rewatching buffy season 3.
also the new CSI is being aired next week. can't wait. i want to know what happened to Sarah! no spoilers, please.
also scrubs last season on tv. musical is genius but the rest of the episodes are poor. as has been previously mentioned.

I've seen a bit of CSI, there was this girl I know is a big fan (isn't that how it always starts?). I kinda have more of a thing for NCIS, though I will freely admit that is argely because I am wholly and utterly besotted with Pauley Perette. :eek:

Angel I loved when it first came out; it had the darkness that Buffy lost in the later seasons. Just a shame that it over time turned into something lighter which rather overdid the "demons are people too" schtick for my tastes. Still watachable, but.... Overall, I much preferred the character of Angel in that show over the brooding goody-goody he was in Buffy. Buffy I loved; I did still find the last couple of series entertaining but really i felt it was a clear case of a show that was pushed beyond it's natural concluding point because the raitngs wre still high. I thought the slayer academy was a very weak concept - I much preferred it when it was all about "into every generation a slayer is born," her being a loner and all that (Faith was great, though). I do wish they'd had the nerve to end it with Buffy's death, with a post-credits epilogue showing a watcher (Giles or whoever) identifying the next Slayer and planning to begin her training. ISTM that was the only logical conclusion to who and what Buffy was...

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
I've seen a bit of CSI, there was this girl I know is a big fan (isn't that how it always starts?). I kinda have more of a thing for NCIS, though I will freely admit that is argely because I am wholly and utterly besotted with Pauley Perette. :eek:

You and me both! If it were possible for me to have girl lust..she would be the recipient.

Oddly enough, Ms. Perette was in an episode of CSI...Season 3 disc 4. The episode is called "Lady Heather's Box' and she plays the Pink haired Candeece.

KL15

One of the Regulars
Lately I've been addicted to the original series of "The Saint." I suppose the only new show I watch is 24. But with the writers strike we may all be watching old shows in some form.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
last night i watched one of the last episodes of Carnivale (i think i only have 4 more to go - sob!), and i've also just started watching Arrested Development season 1, which is the funniest show i've seen since Freaks and Geeks!

WinoJunko

One of the Regulars
ShooShooBaby said:
last night i watched one of the last episodes of Carnivale (i think i only have 4 more to go - sob!), and i've also just started watching Arrested Development season 1, which is the funniest show i've seen since Freaks and Geeks!

I've been watching Carnivale too! I think I have about 6 more episodes to go for the whole series. I'm really not happy that they canceled it, its a really good show.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
WinoJunko said:
I've been watching Carnivale too! I think I have about 6 more episodes to go for the whole series. I'm really not happy that they canceled it, its a really good show.

yeah, i've been trying to think of it as an extra-long movie so i don't get too bummed out when the series ends. it's not working, though!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ShooShooBaby said:
last night i watched one of the last episodes of Carnivale (i think i only have 4 more to go - sob!)

Isnt Ben SO much better as a character now that he has accepted his powers!? Man, I miss that show.

That and Deadwood. HBO, what is wrong with you!?

LD

WinoJunko

One of the Regulars
ShooShooBaby said:
yeah, i've been trying to think of it as an extra-long movie so i don't get too bummed out when the series ends. it's not working, though!

I never thought of looking at it like that, maybe I'll give it a go even if it doesn't work. Knowing my luck it won't work at all! I should write a letter to HBO about this outrage! Even if it is a little late, haha.

zaika

One Too Many
Metalocalypse
Battlestar Galactica (still on season one...but oh...it's so good! why do i always start watching these things late?)
Carnivale (must be the season for this show, eh? ;) )

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm looking forward to seeing what Stewart and Colbert do tonight--I'm going to have to catch the late reruns though since I won't be home for the 8pm airings.

zaika

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
I'm looking forward to seeing what Stewart and Colbert do tonight--I'm going to have to catch the late reruns though since I won't be home for the 8pm airings.

that's right! they return tonight! oh...so excited. i hope the writing is good. ;)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
that's right! they return tonight! oh...so excited. i hope the writing is good. ;)

Ah, but that's the crux Zaika--they can't have anything written. If they go by the letter of the law it must be interviews or improv (the possibilities there!). I think they'll probably play it safe but you never know.

Having them off the air (new material anyway) for 2 months has been torture for me. I don't even want to think about when Jon moves on to something else, it's too awful.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Daily Show--good to see Jon again but the show lagged; he really needs his writers. Great to see a new toss though.

The Colbert Report--loved that the audience wouldn't stop clapping and the show was right up to par.

I'm so glad they're both back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21