Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hate to admit it, but my neighbors Granddaughters told me, I had to watch Phineas and Ferb. Well, I am hooked, they are pretty funny, and you have to love Perry The Platypus! Not the greatest animation in history, but, better then The Simpsons, and the other trash put out by Fox. I made a mistake, and hit record series on the DVR not realizing, there was a marathon on at the time, I cancelled at just under 70.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I have a strict policy to do everything I can not to hear anything any actor says - especially about politics - so that I can just enjoy them on the screen and not have the echoing of the stupid things many (not all) of them say in my head when I see them on the screen again.

I wish I could do that! Unfortunately, politics is sort of a bad habit of mine, and when a celebrity says something stupid, it inevitably shows up in my Twitter or Facebook feed. I have thought about quitting FB several times, but almost my entire family (even my 90 year old grandmother!) is on there and it's a way to keep in touch with them.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
American Pickers. They visited a woman who along with her late husband and son, have spent 40 years making two castles. I admire people like that!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've been rewatcing old "Doctor Who" episodes I VHS-taped off the local public TV outlet back in the eighties, and last night, while watching "The War Games," the swan song of the Second Doctor, I was jolted into recognition when the arch-villian of the tale walked onto the screen, a character calling himself "The War Lord," who used advanced, futuristic technology to enslave humans into furthering his plans for galactic domination. When he strode purposefully onto the screen, I felt a chill of horror go up my spine.

doctor-who-the-war-games-story-50-war-lord-edward-brayshaw.jpg

Steve Jobs faked his death, and has been plotting all this time. Humanity is doomed.

Stand By

One Too Many
I just watched Doctor Who and "The Enemy of the World" - seen again for the first time since 1967 as all the copies were presumably destroyed or lost - and this one (and the following story, The Moonbase) turned up in a cupboard in Africa after 48 years!
Like you, Lizzie, Patrick Troughton is well worth watching as the second Doctor and he acts his socks off in this story as he plays two roles - the good Doctor and the villain - and I found the villain far more captivating!

And I'll also add here that, not so much as the last thing I watched - but what I will soon be watching - will be Season 2 of Space 1999! It's finally being released by Network later this month and will be the first time it's been released on any format in over a decade (VHS was the last one, I believe!) - and has been completely remastered. Suffice to say, my pre-order for the Blu-Ray is in!
For anyone interested, here is the link:
http://networkonair.com/features/space1999/
* Note that this is Region 2 DVD/Blu Ray Region B, so you will need a multi-region player if you live outside the UK.

PS. And for anyone unfamiliar with Network On Air as a company, check out their website and their catalogue of titles available - there is some amazing (and sometimes very obscure) stuff to be found. Well worth looking over for anyone who enjoys quality TV and film.

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
It does impact your view. Growing up watching HH when I was very young, Crane was the embodiment of American low-key swagger, positive attitude and fun. Like Heath from "The Big Valley," he was one of those characters I just loved as a little kid. . . .
In an interview in TV Guide while HH was on, Crane said his style was to imagine how John Wayne would do it, and shoot for that (or words to that effect). Hard to really picture Wayne playing, with tongue firmly in cheek, the leader of a bunch of spies in a WWII POW camp; but it worked for Crane.

I recall him even earlier as the male half of the neighbor couple on The Donna Reed Show.

In an interview in TV Guide while HH was on, Crane said his style was to imagine how John Wayne would do it, and shoot for that (or words to that effect). Hard to really picture Wayne playing, with tongue firmly in cheek, the leader of a bunch of spies in a WWII POW camp; but it worked for Crane.

I recall him even earlier as the male half of the neighbor couple on The Donna Reed Show.

Benzadmiral, great info. Like you, I don't see an ounce of John Wayne in his performance - but I do think he did as much as he could with very limited material. I don't remember him in "The Donna Reed Show," but I do remember him playing a medical student in a show post HH that lasted a season at most.

If he was, then the rest of the NFL better be worried. Brady and Gronk looked like they were in playoff mode.
:D

Brady has that Montana quality - they play better - and get their teammates to play better - the bigger the states, the more important the moment / the drive / the game. My guess is that Brady felt this was a big moment to show Roger Goodell he hadn't touched him. Regardless of how one feels about the right and wrong (my views have evolved as I've learned more), from a pure sports perspective, Brady's ability to put all that aside and play so well is impressive.

My mother says Brady looks wicked nice in tight spandex pants. So there's that, too.

When I lived in Boston, and Brady was on a Superbowl winning streak, the young women I worked with loved him - really, really loved him. One, reasonably level-headed young woman really wanted to meet him on the belief that they would make a good couple. I have since gone to her wedding to a very nice man (not Tom Brady) and they now have two young children. But it is hard to underestimate his effect on many women - i.e., your Mom is not alone.

DNO

One Too Many
Just watched Blue Jays at the Yankees. 11 innings and a real nail biter. Second game in the double-header coming up shortly.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Book Tv, Last To Die: Stephen Harding. About the last American service man to die in direct combat. "Just after 2 p.m. on August 18, 1945, U.S. Army Sergeant Anthony J. Marchione bled to death in the clear, bright sky above Tokyo. A month shy of his 20th birthday, Marchione died like so many before him had in the Second World War—quietly, cradled in the arms of a buddy. What sets his death apart from that of other Allied airmen is that the young man from Pottstown, Pennsylvania, died after the Japanese had accepted the Allied terms of surrender. He was the last American killed in air combat in World War II."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou