Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

KayEn78

One of the Regulars
The other day, I bought my copy of Dragent 1970. I watched a couple of episodes yesterday. I also watched an episode of Homefront (a TV series from 1991 that takes place after WWII ends).

-Kristi

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Area 51 & Oxcart

I watched a documentary on Area 51. Now I am not talking little green men and flying saucers. The film was a lot of interviews with the men who were there during the U2 and Oxcart programs. Very interesting, seem half of all the UFO sightings in the late 50s were U2s. Think about it, your flying along at 30,000 feet in the dark, you look up and see a shiny object at 70,000 plus feet, must be a flying saucers! The Oxcart program was even worse, 90,000 feet and Mach 3 plus. The FBI had teems to intercept airline pilots as they landed, and had them sign papers saying they saw nothing! The Oxcart was the CIA A12, predicessor to the SR71 Blackbird. It was a single seater, flew faster and higher then the SR71. All the photos of North Korea during the Pueblo incident were taken by A12s. Some great footage of A12s flying and under construction, even stills of the big crate being towed from California to the Ranch, Dreamland, Paradise Ranch, oh you know, Area 51!

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's the right place for me to pop this question:
I want to watch OLD series.
The black and white ones.
I already saw some of the "I love Lucy", it was OK.
I loved "The Addams family"
And I had my father to thank for seeing "Maverick", "The Lone Ranger" and other western series.

But, I never managed to come across any detective series from the "good old age". Like "CSI", or "Homicide: Life on the Street" (just MUCH older, form the '40 of '50)
Are there any?
If there are, PLEASE recommend some.
Much obliged. :D :D :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Dragnet is the most famous, they did a run from 51-59, and then again from 67(?) through 70.
They have many of these on DVD, but not all are released yet.
There is another one called Naked City starting in 57, and of course the Untouchables starting in 59.
You'd have to search online to see which ones were on DVD.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Only the gents hats leave a little to be desired.... Got to love Sam :)

I love how Foyle's War exposes certain moral issues that deal with the war. It really makes you stop and reconsider your positions on certain things. I also love how it delves into not-so-well known aspects of the war itself in England. I find the series extremely well done and if I had $130 to spare, I'd own the complete DVD set!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
[video=youtube;RzKVeajp3nA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzKVeajp3nA&feature=related[/video]

Showing on ABC TV in Australia over 4 Sunday nights (free to air with no advertisements!!!!) best thing I have seen on Television in years!!

[video=youtube;7cs1OxGTWiA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cs1OxGTWiA[/video]

[video=youtube;LUvwkNZO0mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUvwkNZO0mg&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner