Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Designated Survivor, ep. 2. The premise seems as though it could make for some strong stories.
The Missus watched Bull, the Michael Weatherly series. The little bit I watched reminded me of Lie to Me from a few years back.

SurfGent

Suspended
The Rifleman
RAmNq-1443477816-blog-28.jpg

I burned through the last two episodes of Longmire a couple of nights ago, so I'm back to season 3 of Star Trek (the original series). Last night's episodes were "That Which Survives" and "The Lights of Zetar". I'd never noticed before, but in "The Lights of Zetar" Scotty's uniform has the "Sciences" delta patch instead of the "Engineering/Security" delta patch normally associated with the red uniform shirts. :confused:

Stumbled onto "Fleabag" on Amazon Prime and have watched two episodes so far. Like so many shows today, it's about a dysfunctional young-adult woman (happens to be a woman, but could be a man, they make the same show for both genders) who barely holds her life together.

Each episode has her dealing with one or several crises while she lies to friends, bosses or family members (or all three), steals or cheats at something, has casual sex with several guys, is cyclical about everything to the max all the while hinting at some "event" or events in her past that knocked her off course and, it is implied, explains her odd behavior.

She (or he in the male version) is also smart, educated and attractive with the overriding theme being how could this person who is smart, educated and attractive not have it all together.

Last edited:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Because that's how so many people ARE. I saw reviews about this show, it looks interesting. But between the onslaught of shows from broadcast/cable and Netflix, I don't have time to watch Amazon series!

Because that's how so many people ARE. I saw reviews about this show, it looks interesting. But between the onslaught of shows from broadcast/cable and Netflix, I don't have time to watch Amazon series!

DS, maybe you're right, I don't know enough people, certainly enough people that age, to really say. But she steals from her parents (art work that she then fences), steals from liquor stores, sleeps with two guys in one day - doesn't seem to really like either or really like the sex - lies to just about everyone, barely runs her business (makes up her prices as she goes, violates health codes), reveals her bra in a highly inappropriate way to a loan officer and that's just what I remember. I'm 52, is this really what most of the "successful" "educated" 20 and 30 year olds are like?

When I was that age, there were always a few "just barely keeping it together" people in my orbit, but this onslaught of shows avers that it is almost the norm. Maybe it is - sad if true, but I have nothing to base a confirming or confuting opinion on.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I don't doubt that the character's behavior on the show is way exaggerated. But there are an awful lot of folks out there with all kinds of self-defeating dysfunctions. We're living a nutty world full of confusion and seriously mixed messages, and it's hard to find a "normal" balance. Some of us are merely neurotic, but some are much worse.

My own kids are in their mid-twenties, and while they don't exhibit anything like this level of destructive dysfunction, they are both having a hard time integrating into the "real" world, and it's become clear to me that it's more a matter of their personality quirks/flaws than anything else.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Halt and Catch Fire. I think this was episode 7. Best episode of the season. Concentrated on the characters, relationships, and situation, rather than on the period etc. This is a group of really good actors. They do a lot with little.

Better Things. I don't get it.

You're the Worst. That was a really interesting way to blow an episode. With no foreshadowing, this episode was the last episode from Edgar's perspective.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
...I thought so. Cash is king.;)

Well, when he comes home, he finds out his father has died, leaving him penniless and with his estate gone to pot, and worse, his girlfriend is engaged to marry his cousin because they all thought he was dead. But never fear! He soon finds his match in the beautiful kitchen maid Demelza. When he marries her, scandal ensues!

Family stopped by so I only caught the Lineker vs. Dodson fight on UFC Fight Night last night. I do not care for Dodson's posturing for the camera and look at me I am cute shtick so I am happy that he lost. I am not sure that I believe that Lineker won, but I am okay with it. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou