Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Poldark. Oh, Demelza, a woman scorned, is really letting Ross have it, and she absolutely is 100% right to do so. Only one episode left this season, but I'm glad they're already filming Season 3!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Best-case scenario, this means it will be a year before we see any new episodes. Bummer. I went through season six in three nights. :cool:
I read one of the novels recently, and was pleased to see it wasn't all grimness and depression -- that there was welcome, and very funny, humor. Is the TV series like that too?

I read one of the novels recently, and was pleased to see it wasn't all grimness and depression -- that there was welcome, and very funny, humor. Is the TV series like that too?
Not really, no. It's not all "grimness and depression", but what little humor there is generally comes from either a character's actions or dialogue between two "friendly" characters.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Finished all 7 seasons of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer - Wow, what a ride!
Started Angel a few weekends ago and am just finishing season 1. A very different feel than B:TVS but I like it.

We've been working our way through season 2 of Amazon's "Red Oaks" a sitcom / drama set in the mid 1980s in a NJ suburb that centers around the lives of some club members and staff of the club. Season 2 is significantly better than season 1 as the writers built some real characters and plot lines in season 1 that are making for more interesting stories, conflicts and drama in season 2 - all happening to characters that I'm starting to care about.

I'm not proud that I watch this silly show, but to be fair, season 2 is making me less ashamed.

Also, watched another episode of "Good Girls Revolt" which I'm surprised isn't getting a little more (any) attention from Fedora Lounge as its sets, cars, clothes, etc., are pretty good late '60s eye candy which, while past Fedora's Golden Era sweet spot, is still of interest to many members. Perhaps it's the stupid title - it nearly turned us off to it before we even saw an episode.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up

I suggest you try the show out for yourself, rather than rely on the opinions of others.

I came across the show in its first season, and just fell for it. It works for me, and I'll miss it producing new shows, but I'll own the series. Have the first two series on blu-ray, season three is out now.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Finished all 7 seasons of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer - Wow, what a ride!
Started Angel a few weekends ago and am just finishing season 1. A very different feel than B:TVS but I like it.
Angel has more of the Raymond Chandleresque private-eye-in-L.A. feel, in that Angel himself is very much the tarnished knight that Chandler envisioned Philip Marlowe as being. There's an exchange at the end of "War Zone," the episode in which Gunn is introduced, that feels almost as though it could have come from Chandler's "Red Wind" or The Long Goodbye; you'll know it.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"One Punch Man" - Good Japanese anime on HULU. Finished the whole first season in day. Funny and insightful and it skewers the whole genre while celebrating it. Good times....

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
PBS has a solid Sunday roster.

The Durrells in Corfu. It's not necessarily clever or a great story, but I find it relaxing.

Poldark. Is the original author known as the grandfather of the Harlequin Romance? This is cheesy.

Indian Summers. I'm guilty of preferring series finales that tie everything up in a nice bow, but this was a little rushed and unsatisfying. I wonder how much of it was filmed later and after they were canceled. It felt a little like post-production.

Divorce/Insecure. Good shows. Funny stuff.

PBS has a solid Sunday roster.

The Durrells in Corfu. It's not necessarily clever or a great story, but I find it relaxing.....

Agreed - far from PBS' best, but it is relaxing. I thought the most recent episode, the wedding / no wedding one, was their best so far.

If I'm that mother and am worried about raising my kids to become productive and happy members of society, I'd focus a little more attention on the son who likes guns - he does not have a lot going for him and doesn't seem to have a plan in place to improve - and he's not that young.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany