Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Army BEATING Navy! Finally. It's only been 14 years. I was a NonCom but even I have to root for "Cadidiots" over "Squids".

Worf

Ha! Sat with my Dad & watched the end of this game. He just had to see some football. Couldn't believe it had been so long! Hope nobody got hurt jumping onto the field like that. LOL Best reaction to a win I think I've ever seen.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Rectify. final season. a show that commonly had 5 or 6 episodes per season now has 8 in the final season. would seem like a good deal, and it partially is. The problem is that they could have done this season in 4 episodes and not missed a thing. really good show, and I've been enjoying it all the same. If you want to watch an annoying dynamic, check out the scenes with Daniel and Chloe. one at a time, I can hack it. Together, it's two robots having an awkward conversation.

I watch the Army/Navy game every year. The only football game I care to see. I'm not military. I enjoy the spirit. I appreciate the high level of sportsmanship. I appreciate the lack of show on the field. This wasn't such a great year for all the extras, like personal interest stories, spirit clips, and some of the other insider reporting on the cadets and game. There were a couple pieces like that, but in the past, it seemed like there was something almost every commercial break. I missed those. For me, made it feel more like a normal game than something I consider to be special. And one of the sloppier games in a while. They're always relatively sloppy, but this game dragged. Like one of them said in the first half, it was like Navy was trudging through mud.

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
We got the last season of Hell on Wheels, parts one and two.

We re-watched the last episode of season five part one to re-engage, then part two episode one (which is of course season five episode eight).

What can we say - it was emotional...

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
On penalty kicks! NO shots on target and only three shots in regulation by Seattle, both dubious records!

I HATE penalty shots deciding anything!!!!

Blaaaah.....

Right. But we hung in there and defended for 120 minutes. Frei was beastly! I hated it coming down to PKs, but I didn't write the rules. I will be wearing my Sounders Christmas sweater to work this week. The kids will love it!

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I'm watching a made-for-TV movie. Does that count? It's one of those cheesy Christmas romances that I find entertaining for whatever reason. I had to look up the gorgeous leading man: Thomas Beaudoin. I find that unless he's in the Edwardian suit with the beard I don't like him at all. Of course.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Right. But we hung in there and defended for 120 minutes. Frei was beastly! I hated it coming down to PKs, but I didn't write the rules. I will be wearing my Sounders Christmas sweater to work this week. The kids will love it!

We're gonna pound the Sound next season! Toronto FC set a record in playoff goals. Man, to "lose" like that. After not allowing a proper shot on goal.

And Frei spent five years in TO to boot.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Frozen" - Having no young kids and Disney being persnickety about how and where they release their popular movies I finally got to see this nugget. Typical Disney fare don't know what all the fuss is about, but hey it wasn't meant for me anyways.

Worf

Last edited:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
That movie's WAY overrated. It's a strictly average Disney animated musical, not nearly as good as some of their other recent ones. It's alleged advances - the prince is a bad guy! it's got sister protagonists! (Guess nobody remembers Lilo & Stitch.) it's got Idina Menzel giving commanding performances of self-empowerment songs basically ripped off from Wicked! - don't make up for the weak score and general redundancy. Me and my daughter (now in her 20s, but a lifelong Disney follower) actively disliked it.

I mean, I'm a serious Disney fan from way back (anyone wanna watch one of my 16mm Silly Symphonies?), and I generally like their new films, but this one just left me - you should excuse the term - cold.

Last edited:

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Sat with my Mom & watched Frozen for the first time. Didn't get the hype or why the over played song was SO OVER PLAYED when it was. Lilo & Stitch was a much better film (with more realistic female body image) & I would MUCH rather watch Silly Symphonies!!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Librarians. Just keeps getting better! Also watched, People Of Earth. Funny how some shows that you have no intention of watching, because you did not like the commercial, wind up being great shows!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
One of the last broadcast episodes of Trackdown from 1959, with Robert Culp. What should have been the last episode was the one Culp wrote, involving a truly personal problem for his character Hoby Gilman. This one was a murder case, something like an 87th Precinct story except, of course, no fingerprints or organized machinery of the law or crime-scene technicians. The script was oddly structured. It seemed as though the writers had set it up to be an hour-long show (odd, as TD was always 30 minutes), and then had to use the voice-over narrator to wind things up in the last few minutes, telling us about stuff we should have been shown.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
That movie's WAY overrated. It's a strictly average Disney animated musical, not nearly as good as some of their other recent ones. It's alleged advances - the prince is a bad guy! it's got sister protagonists! (Guess nobody remembers Lilo & Stitch.) it's got Idina Menzel giving commanding performances of self-empowerment songs basically ripped off from Wicked! - don't make up for the weak score and general redundancy. Me and my daughter (now in her 20s, but a lifelong Disney follower) actively disliked it.

I mean, I'm a serious Disney fan from way back (anyone wanna watch one of my 16mm Silly Symphonies?), and I generally like their new films, but this one just left me - you should excuse the term - cold.

NOPE can't excuse that pun! Get thee to a Punnery! You... you... varlet, knave and all around villain.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou