Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I also watched the Westworld finale last night. Meh. I give them props for doing something REALLY different this season, but I had my usual response to Westworld: this show looks gorgeous, the actors are solid, but what the hell is going on? It exemplifies the Twin Peaks approach of keeping you off balance with continual surprises and offbeat revelations... which never add up to anything that makes sense. I agree that some of the future tech and society stuff was pretty interesting, but to what end?

I've been disappointed all along, but I can't stop watching. And by this point, I have zero faith in the show's storytelling integrity: despite her awful "final demise", I'm sure they'll find a way for Dolores to return next season!
I don't know why, but I needed to hear this again. I thought this after the first season and haven't gone back. I'm always tempted, but why bother?

Netflix offering "Reckoning". A mess of a series but being stubborn and stupid we soldier on. We decided in the 3rd episode it was crap but for want of something else we continue. We know we will dislike the ending as we get the sense with all the hints, clues, and red herrings that there will be a surprise, palm smack to the head, ending.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Did I mention we're starting out with The Murdoch Mysteries, courtesy of Acorn (I think it's on Hulu as well).
Period detective series, set in Great War era in Toronto. Clever plot twists keep us watching.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm beginning to think this Virus thing has driven me well and truly "round the bend". I find myself watching an (ahem) "reality TV show" for the first time ever. "Before the 90 Days" a spinoff of the highly popular "90 Day Fiance" features couples trying to determine if they should marry. The 90 Days refers to the amount of time you get with a K1 or fiance visa to allow a foreign national to marry an American Citizen. You get it, then you've 90 days to determine if you should marry. If you don't back he or she goes. After getting sucked into this it's more like getting 90 days to determine if you should commit homicide or not.

My current fave is a character called "No Neck Ed". A fat 50 plus year old dwarf with no neck (literally) who goes to the Philippines to woo his 24 year old bride to be. Both have kids, Ed's first wife divorced him cause he cheated soon after marrying and Rose, the girl, has a kid by persons unknown. Ed's a hypochondriac, self absorbed bum who puts mayonnaise in his HAIR! I swear to god you can't make this stuff up. He treats Rose like a concubine/slave and isn't interested in her current child or having any more. She lives in abject poverty but even a trip to the States isn't worth what No Neck's puttin' out so she dumps him.

God I can't believe I'm explaining this. The bottom line is I need HELP. Stop me folks before I watch again! Please somebody hit me with a mallet!

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Evidently, there's an audience for Deadliest Catch 4-6 hours per week. It must be broadcast in 12K too. 3 hours takes up 10% of the DVR memory. I don't mind reality TV, but 4 hours of a single show?

I'm beginning to think this Virus thing has driven me well and truly "round the bend". I find myself watching an (ahem) "reality TV show" for the first time ever. "Before the 90 Days" a spinoff of the highly popular "90 Day Fiance" features couples trying to determine if they should marry. The 90 Days refers to the amount of time you get with a K1 or fiance visa to allow a foreign national to marry an American Citizen. You get it, then you've 90 days to determine if you should marry. If you don't back he or she goes. After getting sucked into this it's more like getting 90 days to determine if you should commit homicide or not.

My current fave is a character called "No Neck Ed". A fat 50 plus year old dwarf with no neck (literally) who goes to the Philippines to woo his 24 year old bride to be. Both have kids, Ed's first wife divorced him cause he cheated soon after marrying and Rose, the girl, has a kid by persons unknown. Ed's a hypochondriac, self absorbed bum who puts mayonnaise in his HAIR! I swear to god you can't make this stuff up. He treats Rose like a concubine/slave and isn't interested in her current child or having any more. She lives in abject poverty but even a trip to the States isn't worth what No Neck's puttin' out so she dumps him.

God I can't believe I'm explaining this. The bottom line is I need HELP. Stop me folks before I watch again! Please somebody hit me with a mallet!

Worf
I feel you bro, but you have not sunk as low as I....we finished watching "Reckoning"....all 10 episodes of this terrible series. The most implausible plot, plodding characters, and mail it in acting. We watched the whole 10 episodes...not sure why....boredom, cussedness, stupidity, lethargy, maybe all of the above.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
FX's "What We Do in the Shadows" which is absolutely hilarious! I hope this show goes on for several years. Season 2 started in April, I think.

The boyfriend and I are watching "Deadwood." He watched it years ago but I didn't, so it's all new to me. I'm enjoying it.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I feel you bro, but you have not sunk as low as I....we finished watching "Reckoning"....all 10 episodes of this terrible series. The most implausible plot, plodding characters, and mail it in acting. We watched the whole 10 episodes...not sure why....boredom, cussedness, stupidity, lethargy, maybe all of the above.
"Cussedness" - Hmmm I like that term. I must find ways to use it in casual conversation. Sigh... these are the conditions that prevail I suppose. Stuck watching drivel we'd normally avoid like the plague. Umbriago!

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
FX's "What We Do in the Shadows" which is absolutely hilarious! I hope this show goes on for several years. Season 2 started in April, I think.

The boyfriend and I are watching "Deadwood." He watched it years ago but I didn't, so it's all new to me. I'm enjoying it.
Man it's GOOD to see you back. We've missed you terribly round here... You add an air of cheerfulness to what often appears to be a barrel of curmudgeonly grousing. As for "Deadwood". If nothing else you will get a very good education on the varied use of 5 Star cuss words. It's amazing how well they're weaved into casual conversation. The show is a Master Class in Creative Profanity. As an ex-Sergeant in the Regulars I should know good cuss work when ah hears it.

Worf

"Cussedness" - Hmmm I like that term. I must find ways to use it in casual conversation. Sigh... these are the conditions that prevail I suppose. Stuck watching drivel we'd normally avoid like the plague. Umbriago!

Worf
I went for a beer just before the lockdown with a few friends (seems like forever ago)....I called one of them "persnickety"...he had never heard the term before and once I explained its meaning he wouldn't shut up about it and kept finding sentences within which to use the word. I told him finally that I withdrew that characterization of him and he was really just an ass.....!

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Taking advantage of the free viewing week...

High Maintenance. HBO. season 4. I still think this is a smart and interesting show. Even more than with Girls and Insecure, this show really makes me feel from another time and so out of touch with younger generations.

Belgravia. Epix. Another Fellowes project (Downton Abbey fans take note). It started slow, but he's developed the characters nicely. I've enjoyed this more and more with each episode. There's nothing endearing about the downstairs staff here. They're reminding me of the reality TV show on PBS a few years ago, Victorian Slum House. People imprisoned in status and servitude doing ugly things. This is much darker than Downton Abbey.

Family Karma. Bravo. I don't know how accurate it is, but I appreciate Indian culture getting some air time. The xenophobic can see we're all the same. They care about the same things as everyone else. But they eat better food.

Edward

Bartender

The original film was fun, but yes - I adore the TV show. Somehow the half-hour format brings it that much closer to the type of show it parodies, making it all the funnier. Plus Matt Berry.... And I love Jenna, the "baby vampire". I hope we see more of her. Oh, and the emotional vampire... Great show.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Man it's GOOD to see you back. We've missed you terribly round here... You add an air of cheerfulness to what often appears to be a barrel of curmudgeonly grousing. As for "Deadwood". If nothing else you will get a very good education on the varied use of 5 Star cuss words. It's amazing how well they're weaved into casual conversation. The show is a Master Class in Creative Profanity. As an ex-Sergeant in the Regulars I should know good cuss work when ah hears it.

Worf
Thank you, Worf!!! It's good to be back. :)

Yes, the cussing on "Deadwood" is pretty creative! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112