Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Supernatural

This is the final season, and I'm glad that they're doing a good job with it. The last three seasons have been pretty awful.

We are kicking ourselves as we were not tracking its return. So we will wait for the ultimate blu-ray collectors' set!

We have our daughters caught up to season seven, so we will catch up with them, eventually in real time for us!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm most of the way through The Queen's Gambit, just one episode left, and agree the period details are very good, and Anya Taylor-Joy is excellent (she's been on my radar since The VVitch). However, it exhibits classic Netflix bloat: seven episodes with about five episodes worth of story.

I liked Godless too, for the most part.

I watched The Queen's Gambit too - really liked it. Wonderful premise and main character. But I stopped after episode 3. I just don't have the stamina for long form TV. As with good food, once I am full I stop eating. Even if there is a lot left over.

We are watching the Masterpiece Theatre production "Poldark". It is a period Brit piece and it is brilliant so far....4 episodes The usual high Brit production values and stellar performances all around. Great television.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
We are watching the Masterpiece Theatre production "Poldark". It is a period Brit piece and it is brilliant so far....4 episodes The usual high Brit production values and stellar performances all around. Great television.
Amazing show! I still need to watch the very last season.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Finished The Queen's Gambit tonight. Wow. Props all around - great characters, settings, costumes, performances...just amazing. She deserves an Emmy for her performance.

I've watched about seven episodes of Season 4 of The Crown. I really don't like the royal family sometimes and how they've manipulated people's lives in their OWN family. Charles unable to marry Camilla; Margaret unable to marry Townsend; and so much more. Duty, duty, duty. I get that they put the crown above all else, but wow, they just create a bunch of very unhappy people who make bad choices, which just leads to more unhappy people, and generations of consequences.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
I've been drawn in to Life Below Zero, a National Geographic series streaming on Disney+. It's about folks who (to a greater or lesser degree) live off the Alaskan landscape. Still watching Monk and Murdoch Mysteries at a leisurely pace.

Edward

Bartender
I continue to meander through Mad Men, which I only half-watched originally, though most of my screentime is currently split between Lucifer, Ghosts, What we do in the Shadows , and Judge Judy.

What I have seen so far of the American remake of Utopia is quite good, though it does make me wish the original had been properly finished.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Series finale of Supernatural.

I am so mad right now I could spit.

No, I did NOT like it, and I think it did a great disservice to the characters and the show.

Rant over. LOL.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I binged the latest season of The Crown and really enjoyed it. Not to say that the whole cast isn't splendid, but I predict an Emmy nom for Helena Bonham Carter for her outstanding performance in the Princess Margaret-focused episode.

Edward

Bartender
I was reluctant to watch The Crown (as Colin Firth once said on the promotional circuit for The King's Speech, "I prefer leaders for whom I can vote"), but I have been told by many it's worth a look and you don't have to be a 'fan' to enjoy. Must give it a go. I'm closing in on the last two seasons of Lucifer (entreatingly fluffy, though with the occasional lovely bit of theological pondering here and there). Also watched the first episode of Barbarians on Netflix, which I thought rather good, and will be returning to.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Series finale of Supernatural.

I am so mad right now I could spit.

No, I did NOT like it, and I think it did a great disservice to the characters and the show.

Rant over. LOL.
C'mon! Don't be shy, tell us how you REALLY feel! Never watched one second of this show... but I see that you did. Did the ending suck as much as GoT or "Lost"?

Worf

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
The other night, we wrapped up the 1999 (I think) BBC version of David Copperfield, with Daniel Radcliffe, and Bob Hoskins as Mr. Micawber. Then, to keep the vibe going, we found Oliver Twist, again from the BBC, from around the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ