What was the last TV show you watched?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Lady Day, Sep 3, 2007.

1. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Supernatural

This is the final season, and I'm glad that they're doing a good job with it. The last three seasons have been pretty awful.

MisterCairo likes this.
  2. Edward

Edward Bartender

Very frustrated waiting for the last half of Season 6 of Vikings. Desperately hoping Ivar will get his comeuppance - I hate him more than I hated the boy-king in Thrones!

Benny Holiday and MisterCairo like this.
  3. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

We are kicking ourselves as we were not tracking its return. So we will wait for the ultimate blu-ray collectors' set!

We have our daughters caught up to season seven, so we will catch up with them, eventually in real time for us!

AmateisGal likes this.
  4. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

My wife and I would not call them awful, but perhaps worse - we cannot remember a single thing about them.

AmateisGal likes this.
  5. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

I hear ya - and that's a big call given how much of a prat that Joffe (sp?) was!

MisterCairo and Edward like this.
  6. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I watched The Queen's Gambit too - really liked it. Wonderful premise and main character. But I stopped after episode 3. I just don't have the stamina for long form TV. As with good food, once I am full I stop eating. Even if there is a lot left over.

7. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

We are watching the Masterpiece Theatre production "Poldark". It is a period Brit piece and it is brilliant so far....4 episodes The usual high Brit production values and stellar performances all around. Great television.

AmateisGal likes this.
  8. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Amazing show! I still need to watch the very last season.

9. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Three episodes of The Queen's Gambit. It is quite good, but I'm trying to space it out a bit instead of bingeing all at once.

10. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

We always try to do that but never ever succeed. Just bingers at heart.

AmateisGal likes this.
  11. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

Our wobbly willpower had us stretch it to a week, but that was it.

AmateisGal likes this.
  12. M Brown

M Brown One of the Regulars

The Queen's gambit was really good.

AmateisGal likes this.
  13. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Finished The Queen's Gambit tonight. Wow. Props all around - great characters, settings, costumes, performances...just amazing. She deserves an Emmy for her performance.

I've watched about seven episodes of Season 4 of The Crown. I really don't like the royal family sometimes and how they've manipulated people's lives in their OWN family. Charles unable to marry Camilla; Margaret unable to marry Townsend; and so much more. Duty, duty, duty. I get that they put the crown above all else, but wow, they just create a bunch of very unhappy people who make bad choices, which just leads to more unhappy people, and generations of consequences.

Edward and Julian Shellhammer like this.
  14. Julian Shellhammer

Julian Shellhammer Practically Family

I've been drawn in to Life Below Zero, a National Geographic series streaming on Disney+. It's about folks who (to a greater or lesser degree) live off the Alaskan landscape. Still watching Monk and Murdoch Mysteries at a leisurely pace.

15. Edward

Edward Bartender

I continue to meander through Mad Men, which I only half-watched originally, though most of my screentime is currently split between Lucifer, Ghosts, What we do in the Shadows , and Judge Judy.

What I have seen so far of the American remake of Utopia is quite good, though it does make me wish the original had been properly finished.

MisterCairo and AmateisGal like this.
  16. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Series finale of Supernatural.

I am so mad right now I could spit.

No, I did NOT like it, and I think it did a great disservice to the characters and the show.

Rant over. LOL.

Fading Fast likes this.
  17. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

The X-Files on BBC America. I never tire of this show.
    :D

MisterCairo likes this.
  18. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange I'll Lock Up

I binged the latest season of The Crown and really enjoyed it. Not to say that the whole cast isn't splendid, but I predict an Emmy nom for Helena Bonham Carter for her outstanding performance in the Princess Margaret-focused episode.

19. Edward

Edward Bartender

I was reluctant to watch The Crown (as Colin Firth once said on the promotional circuit for The King's Speech, "I prefer leaders for whom I can vote"), but I have been told by many it's worth a look and you don't have to be a 'fan' to enjoy. Must give it a go. I'm closing in on the last two seasons of Lucifer (entreatingly fluffy, though with the occasional lovely bit of theological pondering here and there). Also watched the first episode of Barbarians on Netflix, which I thought rather good, and will be returning to.

20. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

C'mon! Don't be shy, tell us how you REALLY feel! Never watched one second of this show... but I see that you did. Did the ending suck as much as GoT or "Lost"?

Worf

AmateisGal and MisterCairo like this.