Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Last Sunday's Fear The Walking Dead. We had a hydro failure Sunday, and for some reason it threw the breaker that powers the TV, etc. We did not know this, and when we went to watch that night, found it had of course not recorded.

Switch the timer to record all and not just new episodes, we caught a repeat.

Great episode with background on the new bad guy, and some older characters making a shocking return.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
We finished off season two of Frontier which ended on a cliff hanger, of course. Only one more season left sadly, as Discovery Canada and Netflix decided we did not need to finish off the story arc.

Twits...

Watched the Blue Jays slap the Indians around in incredibly bad Ohio weather. As the announcers stated...."This is football weather folks, not baseball". 60mph winds, sideways rain, players wearing toques and winter jackets in the heated dugouts. Players waiting to hit from within the dugouts not in the on deck circle.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Me and Puddin' started watching the latest season of "Lucifer" and are thoroughly enjoying it. We also learned that the "angels" Lucifer, Amenadiel and God can choose their appearance and, in Lucifer's case, his "Devil Face" as well. His father, God, sees it for the first time in an episode and asks Lucifer why he chose something so frightening and vile. Interesting take on the whole thing. Also one thing I noticed, there's no mention of Jesus throughout the entire run of the show... Guess they didn't want to touch that lightning rod.

I also introduced Puddin' to "Batman - The Animated Series", she's never seen it before and is loving it. With the whole series being on Netflix we get to watch all three seasons from start to finish... interesting to find that there are some episodes I missed when it was first airing...

Worf

Edward

Bartender
Me and Puddin' started watching the latest season of "Lucifer" and are thoroughly enjoying it. We also learned that the "angels" Lucifer, Amenadiel and God can choose their appearance and, in Lucifer's case, his "Devil Face" as well. His father, God, sees it for the first time in an episode and asks Lucifer why he chose something so frightening and vile. Interesting take on the whole thing. Also one thing I noticed, there's no mention of Jesus throughout the entire run of the show... Guess they didn't want to touch that lightning rod.

The whole series has been fascinating for the commentary and some of the theological concepts they've introduced. I can see why it might be easier to stay away from Jesus in some ways, though it'd be interesting to hear a mention as to how he fits in with this particular vision. In-world, I suppose, there's an argument for him not being seen when the devil is through a particular interpretation of Revelations. Fun show - I checked it out originally on the recommendation of my vicar, after we'd had a discussion about Preacher. It's probably the closest we'll ever see to a TV show based on the novel I, Lucifer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Lucifer_(Duncan_novel)) as the premise is possibly too similar, though I do still hope to see the latter at least made into a film. It's a sort of post-Screwtape Letters riff on Paradise Lost in a way (though not with the evangelical intent that CS Lewis had). The ending is close to what I can imagine happening in Lucifer if they do want to give it a definitive ending.

I also introduced Puddin' to "Batman - The Animated Series", she's never seen it before and is loving it. With the whole series being on Netflix we get to watch all three seasons from start to finish... interesting to find that there are some episodes I missed when it was first airing...

Worf

For me that was the definitive Batman. Absolutely adore the timeless 'vintage but with modern tech' vibe to it all. And Mark Hamill, what a Joker!

Finished up Season 3 of "The Kominsky Method" with Michael Douglas. A great short sweet 3 season 18 episode series. I think they did the right thing ending it here. Ending it BEFORE they ran out of creative ideas. I loved it, great fun to watch.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Currently: FLEABAG
Before: Little Britain, Breaking Bad, Fawlty Towers, Der Schwarze Kanal
As a kid: Loved „All Creatures Great And Small“; got them all on DVD, as well as complete „Columbo“.

Finished up Season 3 of "The Kominsky Method" with Michael Douglas. A great short sweet 3 season 18 episode series. I think they did the right thing ending it here. Ending it BEFORE they ran out of creative ideas. I loved it, great fun to watch.
I'll have to check to see if Netflix has uploaded it to their US website yet. As it is I'll have to at least watch Season 2 again, 'cause I hardly remember any of it.

Edward

Bartender
Currently: FLEABAG
Before: Little Britain, Breaking Bad, Fawlty Towers, Der Schwarze Kanal
As a kid: Loved „All Creatures Great And Small“; got them all on DVD, as well as complete „Columbo“.

If you like Fleabag, keep an eye out for another BBC show in a similar being - Back to Life, about a woman returning to live in her hometown after a long stretch in prison.

Edward

Bartender
Finished Them. Quite a variation in reaction online to the ending, but it worked for me. I'll be interested to see what story they build the next series around.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
20210603_122208.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I've also recently been watching the Snowpiercer tv show on Netflix. I liked the film. The basic premise here is the same, but much better fleshed out as they have the luxury of time, a much more fully-realised world. Great characters and well plotted.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Mr Inbetween. FX. This has been a good season so far, and I like where it is going. It's the final season. Prison napalm. I would not do well in jail. I'd be the guy in the last episode.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I've also recently been watching the Snowpiercer tv show on Netflix. I liked the film. The basic premise here is the same, but much better fleshed out as they have the luxury of time, a much more fully-realised world. Great characters and well plotted.

I found the film odd, and the premise frankly silly. I was gobsmacked to learn they made it into a TV series.

To each their own of course!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24