Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Feraud

Bartender
I watched a few episodes of season 2 of True Detective. There was nothing about this season that caught my interest. The characters, writing, and way too many plot lines are seriously sub-par compared to the excellent first season.

The History channel has a program called Forged in Fire. Blacksmiths show off their skills. Good stuff.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Smithsonian Spotlight: Denying the Moon Landings. Hard to believe, in the 21st century, there are still idiots that think we did not land on the moon! Go out side on a sunny day and count the stars, that's why there were no stars, simple! I do like Buzz Aldrin's response to one of the crazy's. The guy did try to press charges, after watching the video, the Police just laughed at the guy! [video=youtube;1wcrkxOgzhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wcrkxOgzhU[/video]

^The missus works for NASA and we watched "Missile to Moon" a couple nights ago on PBS. A really good 2010 documentary on Von Braun and the influence he had, not only on the space industry but the community we live in. If you want to see her pi$$ed off, just start doubting the moon mission or questioning any of the early astronauts that paved the way for the space program.

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I was watching Buffy recently as well. I think the biggest standouts were "Hush", "The Body", "Once More With Feeling", and "Tabula Rasa".
I enjoyed all of those with the exception of the musical episode. All the songs seemed alike, except the one Xander did. I'm used to musicals with tunes that send you out humming, e.g., "Guys and Dolls."

I'm of the opinion that the *essential* episodes of Season Two -- the ones that contributed to the season-long story arc -- made up a body of work rarely topped on regular TV. The creation of Spike alone would deserve laurels; and then Joss & Co. had the sense to not kill the character off, but to let him continue and (later) evolve.

"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there, it would have been like Woodstock. . . . I was at Woodstock; fed off a flower person. Spent the next six hours watching my hand move."
( -- Spike, "School Hard")

"You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver -- but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood; blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
( -- Spike, to Buffy and Angel, "Lovers Walk"; the kind of speech an actor dreams of getting to deliver)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy