Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Flying Monsters, David Atttenborough. Fascinating, about the Pterosaurs. They flew over the earth for over 150 million years, makes man look pretty insignificant! The Quetzalcoatlus had a wingspan of 12 meters, (39 feet) a Spitfire had a wingspan of only 37 feet. Glad they are not still flying in our skies.

^^^ Attenborough does an outstanding job in his specials. And, yes, I have no desire to share earth with a bird that can take out a spitfire - those things are incredibly scary.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
FantomWorks. Pretty typical of this sort of genre. One thing I did like, they show how long the car restoration has taken on the bottom of the screen. So, even though you are only seeing the restoration in it's entirety in 15 minutes, they are showing day 30, day 120, day 210 and so on until it is finished!

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I was watching hockey (my team is winning 1-0), but I've been fighting a cold and am heading to bed. Hope they win! (It's third period now)

FantomWorks. Pretty typical of this sort of genre. One thing I did like, they show how long the car restoration has taken on the bottom of the screen. So, even though you are only seeing the restoration in it's entirety in 15 minutes, they are showing day 30, day 120, day 210 and so on until it is finished!
That's one of the things I like about FantomWorks. Dan Short has stated in a few episodes that the shows that allegedly do a complete restoration or custom build in 7-10 days are all b.s., and that it often takes them several weeks just to find the parts they need.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
GoThrones. Second episode. Spotty/inconsistent. Big, sensationalist markers rather than sharp detail and great story that grows into itself with exceptional quality. Still some great stuff there, but that feels more the residual of the solid, and extraordinary, book work and not via the work of the lesser previous season and now. Now more your standard TV, with its shortcomings and shallow process.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Catching up on the Big Bang Theory, saw the episode where Amy FF is dating during her break with Sheldon. Stephen Merchant is the date, and he's more interested in a bromance with Sheldon whose reputation he's familiar with.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Game 1 of the 1957 World Series, via an AFRTS kinescope recently released on DVD. Joe Adcock looks like an entirely different species compared to the rest of the players. And I'd forgotten how hokey those three monuments looked out in deep center field at Old Yankee Stadium. Hit it into the graveyard!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
We are watching Corner Gas with our girls, one of the few shows we can show them without worrying about what may pop up!

http://cornergasthemovie.com/indexcg.php
I remember catching a few episodes of that on (I think) WGN a few years ago. Reminded me of Seinfeld in some ways -- a "show about nothing" that was very funny -- seasoned with Andy Griffith flavor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner