Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What we all need for those HOTD* shots!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
*Hat of the Day

Found this in the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog for only $39.95. I think that it would come in handy for those "What hat are you wearing today" thread photos. ;)

The Self-Portrait Camera Extension Arm
Selfportraitarm.jpg

You can get it at the Hammacher web site.

From the description: "It has a built-in positioning mirror that allows you to align the arm for a perfect shot"

This could come in handy! :D

Cheers,
Tom

(OK, it's not a hat, but I thought it was hat-picture-taking related.:D )

fatwoul

Practically Family
If I put my camera on the end of that, I would probably either break the pole or my wrist. I could make one of these from my monopod and a sports head I have, but it would be so heavy I doubt I could hold it at the end, let alone keep the camera upright.

happyfilmluvguy said:
For those with digital cameras, you could buy a tripod for the same price and learn the self timer. :p

I agree, although it's worth pointing out that this "Self-Portrait Camera Extension Arm" still requires you to know how to operate your camera's timer, because all it does it move the camera further from your face, and doesn't actually allow you to trigger your camera from that distance.

I suppose if, like Wingnut, you have an IR trigger, you could hold that in the other hand, but that all sounds a lot more fiddly than using a tripod.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
duggap said:
OK, now I see how Douglas gets all those neat shots of himself wearing a hat.:eusa_clap

I have an IR too, it doesn't help as much as you think ... you still need to have a good subject to put the hat onto lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic