Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Would You Change (about yourself) for Your Vintage Wear?

Caledonia

Practically Family
If we're trading I can happily give away a couple of bust sizes if anybody's got a bit of butt and thigh they want to pass on! And anybody want to donate some hair for hair extensions - disastrous new shorter cut that'll take months to grow out...:(

Katydid

One of the Regulars
magneto said:
...narrower feet. Why are all the shoes I like AAAA?! And hair that magically forms fingerwaves after a shampoo. :)
I feel you! I have small feet (5-5.5) but they are way too wide to wear all those small shoes. I'd also grow a few inches. I'm only 4'10 so dresses cut to hit below the knee tend to really hit me mid-calf or lower. Also, wouldn't mind hair that didn't hate me every time I curled it. My hair is naturally very straight.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't mind being four or six inches longer in the legs. Even better if the weight to build those legs comes out of my waist - I won't lose a pound but I'll be able to wear more vintage skirts!

I'd also like RED hair, that's either straight or curly, but never switches and is never both simultaneously.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
if only we could trade parts ...actually that sounds kind of creepy...the bust is the only thing I would change but even that's not so bad...It would be kind of fun to see what the guys had to say on this topic about themselves :D

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Despite the fact that I need to lose the 40 lbs that I have gained since I turned 30 and my thyroid died, I would not wish to change myself.

No the clothes are to blame (although I admit I do have vintage size 11 and 12 shoes, you just gotta look harder).

152325092_a0126bd1e4.jpg

What I want is for a trunk of my great aunties things to reappear, they were my height and size, and I can stuff cotton in the toes of her too big 20's shoes.

Just imagine a trunk full of stuff in my size, hats, gloves, dresses, coats, shoes...

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
that would be so fun going through a trunk full of clothes! I was just talking to my grandma and she just got done giving away a bunch of her vintage clothes! :rage: She has the greatest taste too...very stylin'...ah well, to the stores I go :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Change me?

Hmmmmm lets see.

Well just about everyone wants to be thinner, but I would like to define my hourglass shape more.

I do totally wish my neck were about an inch longer. A lot of my collars tend to brush the back of my hair and that sometimes bothers me.

LB

Sunny

One Too Many
Fun topic! I hope no one minds my reviving it...

I'd change my hips. My waist/hip difference is, or was before I lost about 10 lbs :eusa_clap , right at or over 10". Just too much! And the extra is a little awkwardly distributed, too. What fits at the waist does not fit at the hips, and vice versa. Since my upper body matches my waist, this makes dresses hard to find, too.

I've got size 9 feet, but I'm 5'9" and just happy that they're not any bigger. They aren't common, but the bigger shoe sizes are out there.

Here's a new one: My eyelids fold in the middle, nearly covering the eyeliner on my top lid. Eyeshadow on the lid almost vanishes. (Catherine Zeta-Jones has the same thing, but I can't find any pictures that show it.) More ordinary eyelids would make classic-styled makeup a lot easier! Or do any of you brilliant ladies have suggestions?

CourtneyJordan

New in Town
There are a few things I'd love to change. I would love for my bust size to be a bit smaller, across the rib cage too, and for the bottom half of my body to balance out with the top half. I would also love a slightly smaller waist and some more waist to hip definition.
-Courtney

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Not really much. Maybe have a smaller frame ~&~ that's about it.
Many of those beautiful dresses from the 20's-40's are not made for the
hourglass gal.

Girl Friday

Practically Family
I think my cans are too big. 34D mostly just makes it hard to find clothes that fit, the vintage dresses have to be at least 38 bust, which I suppose isn't too bad, I have been able to find quite a few and the rest kind of just falls into place, as for shoes, I am a size 6, but I always see vintage shoes in bigger sizes. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner