Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats on your Christmas list for this year????

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Around this time of year, my father likes to tell this episode.
It happened when I was 4-5 years old.
My father and I were talking about which presents I should give to my grandparents and my mother.
When that was settled, I asked him:
"What shall I give God?"
My father - trying the best he could - said:
"I think the best thing you can give God, is to promise to be a nice boy all next year!"
After a pause I said:
...."I think a tie would be better."

My wishlist is nothing really:
A original WWII Irvin jacket, some nice single malt...and peace on earth.

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Vanessa said:
Were the cookies salvageable?

Yes! We had Christmas cookies.

Unfortunately, the hand mixer ended up melting and then throwing out sparks before its quite timely flight out the front door and into the yard (I was in a big hurry to get it out of the house).

Edward

Bartender
Spitfire said:
Around this time of year, my father likes to tell this episode.
It happened when I was 4-5 years old.
My father and I were talking about which presents I should give to my grandparents and my mother.
When that was settled, I asked him:
"What shall I give God?"
My father - trying the best he could - said:
"I think the best thing you can give God, is to promise to be a nice boy all next year!"
After a pause I said:
...."I think a tie would be better."

My wishlist is nothing really:
A original WWII Irvin jacket, some nice single malt...and peace on earth.

Great story! You made me lol

Foofoogal

Banned
I am like the lion in Wizard of Oz. I need courage for Christmas to drive around the hills of Arkansas. I am used to flat land. I finally ventured out to the store today as it was so pretty. Not so bad. Have noone ever given the concept of railing to the people in Arkansas? lol

Rachael

A-List Customer
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
a new sweater or two (knitted by the gramma if I can talk her into it!).

a decent man would be nice too! :p

Oh, do everything you can to get sweaters from gramma. Mine is gone but the sweaters remain.

Can't help you with the decent man. Took me 37 years to find one and I'm not sharing.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I'm one of those folks who has too much and would like to have less. My favorite part of Christmas is finding just the right gift for someone and seeing their reaction when they open the gift. It doesn't have to be large, expensive, or even long-lived as long as it's enjoyable.

My personal wish is for the entire family to be together and enjoy one another's company for a few days.

I also wish every year that all this world's children could go to sleep with a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, full tummys, and the knowledge that they are safe and loved.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
A forehead massage, It's a Wonderful Life to watch, and elusive, peaceful, comforting sleep.

I don't need or want things anymore. Friends, love, laughter, my daughters. Those are life's vast riches.

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
A forehead massage, It's a Wonderful Life to watch, and elusive, peaceful, comforting sleep.

I don't need or want things anymore. Friends, love, laughter, my daughters. Those are life's vast riches.

I second this sentiment. I have been very fortunate and blessed in my life and am so thankful for the people I love. :) Having the chance to share Christmas with them is a real special gift to me.

Edward

Bartender
I remember hearing a story about the US President being asked a similar question by a journalist. Assuming it to be a trick, and not wanting to come over as out of touch with the common man, he just said "a new pipe and some slippers." When the article came out, other celebrities and world leaders were quoted as asking for world peace, an end to suffering and disease, and so on.... and he was asking for a new pipe and some slippers. Oops! lol Wish I could remember which one that was.... Whoever, it makes them seem very human to me..... and it was probably the most honest answer of the bunch, too! ;)

59Lark

Practically Family
crosley record player.

my children found me a replica 1940 crosley record player, look like original black tolex covered with removable lid, plays 33,45,78, but has a new angle usb port downloadable vinyl to your computer woow, how do you do that? the children will do that maybe for now, i am playing ps they let me have it early, all the records that i bought just before vinyl went out. 59Lark:eek:fftopic:

59Lark said:
my children found me a replica 1940 crosley record player, look like original black tolex covered with removable lid, plays 33,45,78, but has a new angle usb port downloadable vinyl to your computer
Very cool, I have a number of albums that will probably never make it to CD, with just such a device and a CD burner you can convert your vinyl to CD or you could do MP3's or what ever in the PC.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I can't think if anything to buy

so it is a good thing my daughters are teenagers and it hasn't even occurred to them to ask.

I have been collecting stuff for 38 years and I am so incredibly glad to still be here after 2008 that all I want is to have the company of my favorite person and my babies.

Foofoogal

Banned
I am so incredibly glad to still be here after 2008 that all I want is to have the company of my favorite person and my babies.

I am glad you are still here also Barbigirl. I cannot imagine how sweet the treasures of Christmas will be to you this year. :eusa_clap :eek:fftopic:

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I gave up on xmas lists a long time ago. Haven't gotten a gift bought for me this time of year in a decade. Ex never bought me christmas presents when we were married, cause she said I was too hard to buy for. I sometimes buy things for myself and give them to the kids to wrap for me.

Man, I really hate this time of year.

What I want?

LocktownDog said:
I gave up on xmas lists a long time ago. Haven't gotten a gift bought for me this time of year in a decade. Ex never bought me christmas presents when we were married, cause she said I was too hard to buy for. I sometimes buy things for myself and give them to the kids to wrap for me. Man, I really hate this time of year.

I know what you mean, whether Christmas or my birthday, no one listens to me as to what I want or bothers to ask. For me a gift card from Target or Best Buy will let me pick what I want, since they Won't buy me anything I really want.

I don't know how many times I opened a gift and said:
"You shouldn't have, no REALLY, you shouldn't have."
"Are you mad at me?"
"You can take this back, right?"

For the last 5+ years I get gift cards for those on my list, and sometimes Arizona Highways Picture Calenders as stocking stuffers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic