Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on your Christmas list?

Viviene

Vendor
My own list is very sparse but consists of some new make up that I'd like to try after hearing about it at the lounge. I also long for a bias cut nightgown from the 40s but alas the ones that I found at Alley Cats Vintage are too small for me. What's on your list?

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Ooh! that's a good one!

I think the biggest thing on my Christmas list are books on sewing and knitting. You can never have enough books!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I tend to keep "wish lists" at my favorite sites, and when Xmas comes I just pass the links to the wish lists along. Amazon, Girlshop.com, and Sephora.com in particular. Girlshop is so ridiculously expensive I don't usually expect anything from them, but sometimes my mom surprises me. :)

I should probably ask for Paypal gift certificates, really!

crystalface

One of the Regulars
I don't know what I wnt. My birthday is also coming up soon, and I don't know what I want for that either. :rolleyes:
I think I'll just ask for fundalation, that way no one can go wrong.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
My Mom just called me yesterday and asked me to make a list until today... So here are the options I wish... Let´s see what I get :)

Books:
Fashionable clothes from the Sears Catalogues (Every book from Late 30s to Late 40s)

0764324853.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39310274_.jpg

0764319558.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1119301703_.jpg

0764318586.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1119295955_.jpg

0764317555.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1119290769_.jpg

The Wonderfull World of Bill Ward, King of the Glamour girls (for my collection of Pin up books)

va_bill_ward.jpg

Patterns:
Vogue 8008

v8008.jpg

Vogue 7838 (I wanna go and try to make the hats)

v7838.jpg

Butterick 4513

b4513.jpg

and a cute box to keep my jewelry in

Viviene

Vendor
Just thought I'd share that nightgown and another dress from the 40s that I'm drooling over. This woman has the most fabulous 40s stuff I've ever seen. I've bought from her before (last purchase was a 1930s short velvet coat that is to die for) and she is one of the best sellers I have ever dealt with.

Here's the nightgown!

salmonbias99.jpg

And the dress!

newrayon1.jpg

If anyone wants to take a look at her things she's at Main Street Vintage and her name is Alley Cats Vintage. She just has phenomenol things.

KatieD

New in Town
Christmas List

Elizabeth Arden are releasing their 8 hour cream in a vintage container in the UK from 4th December. I don't know if it's going to be available in the US but it's on my list!

Also, the Vogue hat patterns. I bought a pattern a few weeks ago and it was very disappointing as the finished result just looked like I had a piece of home made felt on my head. Has anyone else had success with making their own felt hats?

Katie

Kim_B

Practically Family
I have such a hard time coming up with my Christmas list, namely because there really isn't much that I want! Mostly all I want are gift cards/certificates to stores I shop at; I put a sewing machine on there (the goofy Hello Kitty one from Target, because I have no clue how to use one and it was the least expensive one I could find with good reviews). That's really about it. Exciting aren't I?! It gets a little tricky because my birthday is on January 1, and more often than not gifts for Christmas get lumped together with that.

Elaina

One Too Many
Did you get the pink or the blue Hello Kitty one? I've got one in a box I don't use that I won at Sanrioland and all the instructions are in Japanese. Totally cute and one of my hidden vices is Hello Kitty junk. I've let my sister use it for girl schouts, but other then that, one day when I get my sewing room, I'm going to shove it out there for the cute factor (because my son who is learning to sew refuses to sew on anything with Hello Kitty).

My husband and I were talking about it this morning, since we're having a hard time with xmas for the boy who wants nothing but transformers (which he has exhausted the local supply) and he asked me what I wanted. I said "getting a real gift instead of all gift cards would be nice" and his face went completely blank. He has absolutely no clue. So I just said "Well, half price books is good, and I'll send you some links to shops I shop at online, and amazon is another good choice." Xmas has lost alot of it's glitter for the adults here. My folks generally forget me (with 8 kids, 6 of whom are married), my husband's mom is too stoned to remember her grown kids, and the one family member we have close is my brother, and his wife is a bit too posessive (and doesn't like me or my family to go visit him). So it's all gift cards, and it's boring. Now it's a matter of "How much do you want?"

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
lol My christmas list is unfortunately too long for my own good.

I keep seeing pretty things to add, I've wanted a copy of The Easter Parade, with Judy Garland for ages, but nobody remembers it.:) Then ofcourse, I'd love some real genuine vintage dresses. and just the other day one of the wood artists at the gallery brought in a 360 dollar vase that I'm dying for, and Nine West has bout five pairs of gorgeous shoes I want.:D I've got a shoe fetish:D Maybe if I leave loud enough hints for my birthday this month.....lol

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dorotheascloset said:
Any of the Daniel Green slippers from www.silverscreenloungerie.com , ok anything from there. Thin Man DVD collection.........too much stuff in my apartment as it is, and with a little one Christmas will mean WAY more so my needs are minimal! Ang

Wow, those prices are crazy! I have two pairs of Daniel Green boudoir slippers and both cost under $25 - AND I have big feet, size 9.5! I am allergic to paying that much for vintage.

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Kim_B said:
I have such a hard time coming up with my Christmas list, namely because there really isn't much that I want! Mostly all I want are gift cards/certificates to stores I shop at; I put a sewing machine on there (the goofy Hello Kitty one from Target, because I have no clue how to use one and it was the least expensive one I could find with good reviews). That's really about it. Exciting aren't I?! It gets a little tricky because my birthday is on January 1, and more often than not gifts for Christmas get lumped together with that.
Don't put up with that! My sister was born on Dec. 15 and people always tried to do that to her and my mom got sick of it. I used to know a guy who was a twin AND born on X-mas day, so people really got stingy. Stand up for yourself!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´m having my birthday in January, too. Hardly one month after X-Mas. My head is allway completely empty when they ask me what I want for my birthday and it´s just after X-Mas lol Mostly it´s like ""Emmmm.... Some books." But this time I might ask for gift certificates for fabrics...

olive bleu

One Too Many
I have not really hinted at anything this year. I absolutely have no more room for STUFF. I would rather have "experiences" like theatre tickets or gift certificates for restaurants, but i have hard time telling people what i want. I have this thing about presents being surprises.:rolleyes:

I actually tried something new this year and thought that i would tell people that i didn't really want anything, and that people should just make a donation to charity for me. My Mother was the first one I mentioned this to and let me tell you, it really did not go over well.She was crushed.So I don't know. My Birthday is also on the 10th of December.Really, as long as I get a Birthday cake, I'm happy.:)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Elaina said:
Did you get the pink or the blue Hello Kitty one? I've got one in a box I don't use that I won at Sanrioland and all the instructions are in Japanese. Totally cute and one of my hidden vices is Hello Kitty junk. I've let my sister use it for girl schouts, but other then that, one day when I get my sewing room, I'm going to shove it out there for the cute factor (because my son who is learning to sew refuses to sew on anything with Hello Kitty).

Actually I put them both on my list just incase my mom wanted to spend a little extra on me this year. I'm not expecting either of them, but I'd be happy with just the blue one since I have no clue what I'm doing (if there is a level below beginner, that's where I'm at)! The reviews were surprisingly good on both of them, so I figured there isn't much to loose either way!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varnu