Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on your list??

spiridon

A-List Customer
Do you keep a "list" of your hat inventory? If you do, are there any particular brands of hats that you find yourself on the lookout for? At this point, I find myself looking more for a different "style than a particular brand, BUT there are a couple that I would like to add to my collection. So far I have samples from:
Adventure Built
Bailey
Biltmore
Borsalino
Champ
Dobbs
Disney
Empire State
Francato Cappello
GH
Hatters Guild
Imperial
Jaxon
Knox
Mallory
Meyer
Monterray
PB Montecristi
Resistol
Rothschild
Stetson
Supernatural
Wormser
.....and a few assorted ........I don't who the HECK made them!lol

There are two in particular that I sorta keep an eye open for.....Cavanaugh & Adams. Which ones, if any are on your "need to get" list?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
lets see what I have...

Champ
Lee
Stetson
Borsalino
Cavanagh
Knox
Dobbs
Resistol
Boldt
Manhattan
Bond
Morfelt
Pedigree
Brent
NY hatco (felt beaters)
classic quality hats (straw beater)
mystery boater
mystery milan poskpie

and probably a few more that I can't remember.

I love my champ and Lee. I'd like an Adam that fit.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
So far, I have quite a few Akubras, an Art Fawcett, an AB on the way, an old Stetson, and some Biltmores. Oh, and a Dobbs.

I usually look for Lee and Disney, but I haven't had any luck yet. And, of course, more Art Fawcett creations! :D
NB

Razzman

One Too Many
Currently I have...

Adam
Beaver Brand
Borsalino
Cavanagh
Dobbs
Eddie Bauer
Mallory
Resistol
Stetson
Art Fawcett Cuenco fino
Stevens Imported Milano Straw
Tilly
Tropicool Straw

I try to mix it up and wear a different hat each day. I can't wait to add an Art Fawcett custom to my collection.

Russ

One of the Regulars
All of my current hats are Akubra except for one AdventureBilt.

The only one on my wish list is this one:

jacob_hat_detail.jpg

It's the Russ' 19th century ancestor hat (I made up that title just now) and I went on and on about it in the ancestor hat thread. Great style, with probably a 6 inch high crown (when unbashed) and 3 inch brim. It doesn't exist now, and nobody makes exactly this style, but that will soon change, thanks to Art Fawcett.

moustache

Practically Family
I have...

the following:

Borsalino(4)
Borsalino Gruppo fedora(1)
Borsalino Gruppo Doria tweed cap (1)
Birkdale fedora(1)
Tiger bowler/derby

Thats all i own.
Always on the look for vintage Borsalinos before they become so far out of reach that the price is too high.Maybe it's my Italian side showing here!!!

JD

funneman

Practically Family
Glad you brough it up...

My 11 year old daughter shares my love of fedoras.

She's been hinting around for a light brown felt fedora with a pink ribbon.

I'm hoping to find a size 7 light brown stingy on ebay and then replace the ribbon with a pink one from one of the fine retailers here on this site.

I have several on my "Watch List", could you fine ladies and gents help me keep an eye out for one?

Also looking for a blue fedora for myself, perhaps a Knox, Adams or Cavanaugh.

Would love a Borsalino.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Dang, Jon!!!!!

I'd like style more than brands, although I'd like to own some brands, too.
I would really like to get some of those lighter colored hats I see some of you have; the same for some wider brim styles, although not too tall.

A slightly tighter weave Montecristi would be nice, too. But I have some hats now which suit me, too many and I'd not know which to wear.

If I had to list brands I think I'd like a couple Akubras--Federation or Fed. Deluxe as well as one or two of the "outdoorsy" hats like a Cattleman and a Territory

Another Borsalino or two, it's a privilege to have the grey San Remo, but another would be swell.

An AdventureBilt would be nice, too.

analogist

One of the Regulars
My Inventory

I own one vintage hat. I purchased a dozen old stock hats from a store
called Moe Penn in Lower Manhattan. The year was 1972 and by 1973 my friends owned 11 of them and left me with one. It is a fawn brown Cavanaugh edged fedora with a slightly darker ribbon. Besdor's dad Stanley, IMHO the dean of American Hatters, feels it was made by one of the hundreds of small factories in Brooklyn. If I ever learn to post pix, you'll have it.

As I look around me, I have a few newer hats and a piece or two from
Steve Delk and Art Fawcett. I also just acquired a piece made by Moses Stoltzloos, an Amish hatter and I am currently working on an article with pix about him and his shop.

I enjoy every hat I own and love to wear them.

analogist

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I happen to know that my lovely wife has a grey Stratoliner in the closet for me, awaiting Christmas.

Aside from that, I have all the hats I want other than ONE more - a decent black fedora with brim 2 1/4 - 2 1/2". I have two of them with 2" brims that I need to put in the classifieds.

When I get that one, I'm done for now. I have about 10 hats, and no room or desire to add more.

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
So far, just an Akubra Federation as I am still waiting to find my perfect fedora. I believe that I will have something similar soon.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The only hat I am looking for Stetson Boss Raw Edge so I can have multiples of my favorite. I got back the #1 Quality Stetson that was black with a shackle curl from Duane. He did some nice surgery on that butchered sweat. To bad the damn thing is too small. It will go into the collection as I still think it is some how important.Everything else I find is just for the style and quality.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I could have a go for a few minutes alone in that Borsalino Museum I would be pretty happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21