Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's On Your MUST SEE New Movie List?

djd

Practically Family
Tintin is the only one I'm really looking forward to and probably the only one I'll see at the theatre rather than wait for the DVD. Next year it's The Hobbit ....

davidraphael

Practically Family
Yeah, Tin-Tin for me, too.
I was looking forward to the X-Men, but was afraid it would be as bad as Wolverine, but it was actually very good.
Thor was good, too, which surprised me, because I was never a fan of the comic.

djd

Practically Family
I didn't really like any of the previous X-men films so there's no chance of me seeing First Class. Spiderman 2 was for me by far the best superhero film - that said, I'm not really a fan of the genre. A shame when it seems one of the few things that Hollywood wants to do at present!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Cowboys and Aliens is, for me. I think the fact that it's a sci-fi/western, and that it stars both Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford is enough of a reason for me to want to see it.

davidraphael

Practically Family
I didn't really like any of the previous X-men films so there's no chance of me seeing First Class. Spiderman 2 was for me by far the best superhero film - that said, I'm not really a fan of the genre. A shame when it seems one of the few things that Hollywood wants to do at present!

I was brought up on The Amazing Spiderman and read all the comics as a kid, so all the Spiderman films were a let down for me.
The only comic book adaptation that I feel kept the feel of the original was Watchmen.
It's telling that my favourite superhero adaptations are comics I didn't read as a kid. Perhaps because I have no expectations.

djd

Practically Family
I only read a bit of Spiderman so I didn't really have the expectations. I just thought that Spiderman 2 had the right balance of character stuff and action. Well acted too I thought :)

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Two biggies for my wife and I, Harry Potter (we've seen all but one in the theatre, missed Order of the Pheonix due to baby being just born!) and of course SHERLOCK HOLMES 2! That's a Christmas time release I think. Champing at the bit for that one!

I am also looking forward to Mr. Craig contra the aliens, and very glad to hear James Bond will be back soon, after financial issues with the studio delayed things.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was brought up on The Amazing Spiderman and read all the comics as a kid, so all the Spiderman films were a let down for me.

I felt the same way about the Punisher movies. The first two (Dolph Lundgren and Thomas Jane, respectively) were such garbage that it hurt to even watch them.

The best, and probably least known, was the recent Punisher War Zone. Not only did they find a perfect actor, they had a script true to the story (finally).

Btw, the Punisher's first appearance happened to be Amazing Spiderman #129, which I own, naturally. ;)

ASM129Cover.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Cap America and Cowboys and Aliens ... both should be good hat movies

And what ever happened to "The Goon?"

Did that project just get dropped?

It looked so cool

It is what they should have done with The Spirit, instead of ruining Will Eisner's art with that week sister of a flik.

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo