Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's wrong with cherry FQHH?

apba1166

A-List Customer
Re Griff's remarks below:
Yep. I bought it, have it, wear it often in the winter. It's heavy FQHH. Wear points are darker in places. I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days.

There was a thread here where a person from SoCal got a cherry Highwayman. The pictures arent here still, but this person bought it: (due to the heat in the area of the first owner)
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/member.php?12515-apba1166

From my mind, it looked more like the most cherry-colored pictures posted here, but with a more pinkish hue.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Cherry FQHH is excellent, had a Barnstormer in Cherry, but decided to lose weight, and got rid of it. There are somewhere here links to pictures I posted about the wear, unfortunately I cannot remember the thread. It becomes darker, shows its age more than other colors, but it is excellent to my eye. It bleeds, though, at least mine did, more than the others. If you are not one of the shy ones, go for it...

apba1166

A-List Customer
cherry hwy pics

Here's some pics of the cherry highwayman...you can see how it darkens w/wear at points.

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Nice. Very red. I considered it for my Bootlegger based on the sample, but on Amanda's advice went for cordovan instead. Glad I did - it was a darker colour I was after, and Amanda was entirely correct that made up into a jacket the cherry is much brighter than the sample appears. Still a great colour in its own right, though.

Graemsay

Practically Family
I was very tempted by cherry when I got my last Aero a few years back, and I rather regret I didn't go that way. Amanda advised against it that time.

Next time... :D

apba1166

A-List Customer
My thoughts on the color...
It is truly cherry, as in go to the supermarket and look at a bag of cherries....all the variegated color from deep to light red.

I love the jacket. It has gotten a bit darker overall with wear the last couple years from when I bought it (secondhand).

And one more thing, I have had less than 10 nice or come-on comments in my entire life from random women regarding clothes I've worn, and the jacket probably accounts for almost 9 of them. My girlfriend noticed and once said to me before I left for a business trip--"Don't take that jacket with you."

Edward

Bartender
I was very tempted by cherry when I got my last Aero a few years back, and I rather regret I didn't go that way. Amanda advised against it that time.

Next time... :D

It'd be great on a Highwayman or a U-Boat style for something of the Fight Club vibe. I also think it would look great on a Thirties Halfbelt cut for a lady, or maybe a Cafe Racer. A friend of mine has a "vintage" (probably late 90s) jacket she picked up for twenty quid in a Vintage clothes shop in Belfast. Nice jacket, sort of cafe racer style. Very flattering colour.

My thoughts on the color...
It is truly cherry, as in go to the supermarket and look at a bag of cherries....all the variegated color from deep to light red.

I love the jacket. It has gotten a bit darker overall with wear the last couple years from when I bought it (secondhand).

And one more thing, I have had less than 10 nice or come-on comments in my entire life from random women regarding clothes I've worn, and the jacket probably accounts for almost 9 of them. My girlfriend noticed and once said to me before I left for a business trip--"Don't take that jacket with you."

Heh. It'd be interesting to see the reaction in Italy. I remember reading that one of the reasons they picked reddish leathers for Tyler Durden in Fight Club was that in Italy, a home of the fashion world, red leather is perceived as feminine, and the idea of a man wearing it is laughed at. Wouldn't bother me in the least - as with most folks round here I stopped caring what other people think long ago - but it is interesting from POV of the themes explored in that film / book, pretty much all of which centre on what it means to be a "man" in a contemporary, consumerist, white-collar culture.

It's interesting you get those compliments from women - how do men react? I often find women are more open to something that is perceived as a bit daring, fashion-wise. When I wear my co-respondents to the office, as is the norm for me between March and September, women always love them, while men are more likely to question why I would wear them. Not so much in a "euw, vile", way, more that women are more likely to simply accept "oh, cool shoes" rather than "oh, different. Why be different?". [huh]

Graemsay

Practically Family
It'd be great on a Highwayman or a U-Boat style for something of the Fight Club vibe. I also think it would look great on a Thirties Halfbelt cut for a lady, or maybe a Cafe Racer. A friend of mine has a "vintage" (probably late 90s) jacket she picked up for twenty quid in a Vintage clothes shop in Belfast. Nice jacket, sort of cafe racer style. Very flattering colour.

I'd like one of the Pegasus Safari Jackets in Cherry. But I don't think that they have that leather as an option. :(

I think either something with a bit of a Seventies look, or a very simple jacket, would work best. I need to have a think on this one.

schitzo

Suspended
Here's some pics of the cherry highwayman...you can see how it darkens w/wear at points.

Thanks for these Apba that jacket looks absolutely immense. For me, this is hands down the best highwayman I've ever seen and the cherry is everything I hoped it would be

mrc

Familiar Face
The cherry is pretty cool, but reminds me a bit of those 1970s car coats, which were always pretty questionable (you can always find them at thrift stores). If you're going to pay the money for FQHH, my 2 cents is to go with something classic...

apba1166

A-List Customer
It's interesting you get those compliments from women - how do men react? I often find women are more open to something that is perceived as a bit daring, fashion-wise. When I wear my co-respondents to the office, as is the norm for me between March and September, women always love them, while men are more likely to question why I would wear them. Not so much in a "euw, vile", way, more that women are more likely to simply accept "oh, cool shoes" rather than "oh, different. Why be different?". [huh]

Of course, the reaction from women could mean: Look at this poor guy, I should say something nice.
I'm glad to hear all the reaction...I think something must be said for Aero's Highwayman style itself--not just the color. It's a timeless design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot