Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's Your Fav Hairspray?

karlie

New in Town
My fav is OSIS (by Schwarzkopf) Freeze Super Hold Hairspray.
I love the smell, and it works really well! Alas, it's expensive. I've never found it for less than $18 at any supplier.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I have both Elnett (the best hairspray smell ever!) and the TreSemme freeze hold after all the UK ladies recommendations. Since I prefer to have hair that invites to let fingers run through soft curls, I prefer Elnett if any really. The TreSemme is THE best for staying power though when that is needed!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Tresemme Freeze Hold is really good if you need something to stay in place! But beware, it flakes terribly, so I usually feel a lot of build up when I use it and have to wash my hair. With Elnett you can pretty much brush and go.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
I mainly use Treseme Two extra hold cause it's cheap and does what an aerosol hairspray should do, hold!

When I have the money, I love Nexxus Comb Thru finishing spray.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I used to use Sebastian, but it was REALLY stinky. Now I'm happy with good ol' Aquanet, just like Grandma uses! Worked on my wedding day, so I know it will hold my hair. lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I use Big Sexy Hair's Spray and Play Harder. I have tried many brands, on myself and clients, and Spray and Play Harder is the firmest hold I've ever seen. It works as good as Sebastian Shaper before they changed the formula.
11NWW0YNWNL._SL500_AA168_.jpg

Christy

One of the Regulars
I just went looking for a new hairspray today, too bad I didn't see this thread beforehand! I used to use Aquanet, but I don't like the smell. I picked up a travel size of Treseme Two Hold, hopefully I like it!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I am trying to use up the multiple bottles of Sebastian Laminates hairspray that I bought on eBay. It has taken me a while to get rid of just one though. It is pretty good for a non-aerosol I guess. I've sprayed my hair for a few days and it hasn't flaked yet.

Elnett is only available at one retailer here, Target, however they are a major retailer. However, the standard here for a long time is/was Aquanet, which costs a lot less than Elnett. It isn't really a brushable hold though, so I am not sure which everyone would like better. It is strong though, it is good for getting the hair to stand up on end, as in beehives or mohawks.

I have a hard time breathing when using aerosols, so I am not sure that Elnett is a good option for me, but I am wondering. Are all of the formulas brushable, or just some? Has anyone used both Elnett and Aquanet, how do they compare?

Also, which brand smells best? Or better yet, won't make me cough?

Lillemor

One Too Many
When I used hairspray Wellaflex Shiny Hold did just fine. Okay smell. My scalp hates all sprays though. I liked the smell of the Tigi hairspray my hairdresser used to use on my hair when I had a style worth preserving in a certain shape.

Aorta

Familiar Face
Any suggestions for a company that doesn't test on animals? I bought the Aubrey Organics Hair Spray (the strong version) and Aveda's Firmata a few months ago but both don't do the job very well. What about Paul Mitchell hairsprays? Has anyone tried one of them?

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
I tend to use Silverkrin Maximum hold. Probably because it's the cheapest. It holds like glue... but one thing I don't understand about hairsprays. I very nearly bought elnette yesterday, but then it prides its self on brushing out... but what I don't understand, is that you're using hairspray to partly hold your curls, and then when you brush them out to waves... if the hairspray brushes out completely, surely you're left with barely a curl.

or maybe i'm just stupid. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran