Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your signature hat?

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
I think I should just delete both your posts and let what i say stand.
Once your posts reach a certain status with the public, the critics, commentators, and apologists inevitably follow in their wake.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Hoss & da Posse said:
A Schoble Warburton is one of my favorites...
jehoss
Reminds me a lot of my tawny fawn Akubra Fed IV with teardrop bash:

DMAdv3.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Though it does not get the amount of wear it used to before I picked up the fedora habit, my custom made OR clone from Texas Hatters in Brownwood, Tx. (with western crease) is what all my friends associate with me. Its what I wore exclusively for years.

Jan06009.jpg

MattJH

One Too Many
My 7 5/8 Herbert Johnson made for Brooks Brothers is my default go-to hat for sure:

hj-front.jpg

hj-side.jpg

hj-sweat1.jpg

Although I think my newly-acquired 7 3/4 LO Bott Tropic Weight is going to give it a run for its money on the other side of the color scale:

01-bott-front.jpg

02-bott-side.jpg

05-bott-sweat1.jpg

Rick Blaine

My good ol' Stetson 3x w/ the embroidered liner. To paraphrase the late, great Lowell George "it's been warped by the rain, driven by the snow dunked and dirty don't ya know, it's still, willin'..."

stst3x.jpg

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Interesting thread

Interesting thread, and a subject I've been thinking about lately. I don't have a signature look at this point. I wear a different hat every day, although I tend to only wear fedoras. I have two western-style hats, but I haven't worn them in months. If you wear a western hat in Nashville, there's a 99% chance that you are a tourist.

A few weeks ago, two female friends of mine told me that I need to pick a "signature look," so I've been thinking about it. This thread is the first time that I've heard a man mention it. A signature hat makes sense, though.

At this point, I think my signature hat will definitely be a fedora. I've found myself moving toward grays lately, very versatile color. Teardrop bash. Brim probably under 2 1/2, maybe 2 1/4. Crown at 4 1/2 at most. Gray hat with a wide black ribbon.

Actually, I asked Buckaroo Hatters for a quote on this very hat yesterday.

bolthead

Great Thread Matt.....

I'd have to say my Pocket Borso, it's the hat I grab most often.
I'ts so versatile, I can pust any type of crease in it I want, without steam, and it'll hold perfectly......
From a center dent, to a teardrop, to a diamond, and even my favorite, Pork Pie. It's an amazing vintage hat.
PocketBorso007.jpg
PocketBorso008.jpg
Borsalino6.jpg

Although I must say, that since I got my Schobel, I have been wearing my wider brims more often. [huh]

RBH

Bartender
Rick Blaine said:
My good ol' Stetson 3x w/ the embroidered liner. To paraphrase the late, great Lowell George "it's been warped by the rain, driven by the snow dunked and dirty don't ya know, it's still, willin'..."

stst3x.jpg
I ran back across this shot. Looking good in that Stetson thin ribbon!!!
And I will add again I LOVE THE PIN!!!

gregport.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice Stetson

RBH said:
I ran back across this shot. Looking good in that Stetson thin ribbon!!!
And I will add again I LOVE THE PIN!!!
gregport.jpg
HOLY SMOKES! What a hat! That is impressive!

Rick, You bear an uncanny resemblance to the French actor Jean Reno.

JeanReno02-02.jpg

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Carbon grey Akubra Fedora ... Moderate dimensions all around but a relatively untapered crown. I wear this hat so often that even people who don't know wool from leather comment if I wear anything different. I even feel a bit odd when I look in the mirror and see something else.

Not what I would have exected to answer this time two years ago, but it's become "my look."

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
I like the look of that one Rick. Wish I could find a good open road in a color other than silver belly.
Akubra Campdraft in taupe fawn?

campdraft-taupefawn-large.jpg

Nice big, non-tapered open crown.

Also available in mid-brown, which is a fairly dark brown.

dostacos

Practically Family
currently it is My Camptown Indy Fedora, soon to split time with an Art Fawcett for blues and grays and a Jimmy Pierce Sahara color for browns tans. Leaving the Indy for leather jacket days

sorry cannot do just one:rolleyes: {waiting for the FAWCETT AND PIERCE}

Rick Blaine

carter said:
HOLY SMOKES! What a hat! That is impressive!

Thanks Carter, it seems to be on my head about 90% of the time I go out the door, despite some stiff competition from quite a few others. And although I have spent way too much $$$ on hats, you know I looked back at the auction for this and recalled I got it for thirteen whole dollars. :eusa_doh:

carter said:
Rick, You bear an uncanny resemblance to the French actor Jean Reno.
Yeah, I have heard it said... put us both together & it'll look like twenty miles of bad road. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui