Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When Push Comes To Shove...

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Sorry, I can't/won't even try and narrow it down to one. I have *hundreds* of "favorite" films! (Nor will I attempt any kind of top-ten or top-twenty list. I simply don't understand our culture's fixation on creating best-of lists...)

Haversack

One Too Many
I once applied for a job in an architecture office where one of the questions on the application form was to list your five favourite movies. It was somewhat odd, but I complied. It turned out that the office had a TV lounge-alcove and would frequently have after-hours movie nights. The principal also used the topic as an ice-breaker to allow the prospect and the company to better get to know each other. My list was:

_The Man Who Would Be King_
_Kind Hearts and Coronets_
_The Palm Beach Story_
_Sullivan's Travels_
_The Prisoner of Zenda_

It turned out that TMWWBK was the principal's favourite movie as well. It was a great interview.

Haversack.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Doctor Strange said:
Sorry, I can't/won't even try and narrow it down to one. I have *hundreds* of "favorite" films! (Nor will I attempt any kind of top-ten or top-twenty list. I simply don't understand our culture's fixation on creating best-of lists...)

Because it's fun! Don't be so serious!;)

My all-time favorite movie is El Dorado (1967)

Robert Mitchum: "One of 'em got away!"

John Wayne: "You oughta know, you missed him!"

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
While I agree "The Man Who Would Be King" is a perfect movie and so it "Ravenous", by the way, I can't say either is my favourite.

No matter how many other films I enjoy and find perfect or amazing, or brilliant, "The Blues Brothers" may always be my favourite.

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
The Light Horsemen

I saw this movie mentioned in another discussion "movies you most wish would be released on dvd". I own and enjoy a lot of the movies other people have listed, but I guess it is the one you cannot have that you want the most.

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Heres some of the fairly recent films that I've seen that I probably couldn't live without.

The Quiet American (I really like this film)
The Station Agent
Fargo( I know not to recent)
Off the Map
The Thin Red Line

nightandthecity

Practically Family
well you beat me to it froggie....

Probably 12 o'clock High or Casablanca.

No wait: POWELL AND PRESSBURGER "A CANTERBURY TALE"

or maybe........oh dear i give up

Caledonia

Practically Family
Caddie Shack. Ok, so I'm pulling your leg. Ghostbusters. Waah, ha, ha, hah, gotcha again! :D Ok, and this time it's for real. This is impossible!!!! Number 1 of all time? Nope, sorry, can't do it. Wait - Shawshank, nope, To Kill a Mockingbird. Try True Lies - oooh, actually that one's getting close. Thinks, thinks..... it's a train of thought, a book you just read, a hat you just bought, an art gallery, a landscape, a poem, a play, a kiss, the sound of a train, a plane, a motorcar, the urban vista, a rocket to the moon, it's the mood you're in, what happened that day, it's what eclipses and at the same time explains your experience at the time you're watching it, what stays in your memory, makes you sigh.... ok, coming down......

Deuce Bigalow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy