Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where can i get some pipe matches and a good pipe

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Well, the matches you can get for free generally when you buy a couple ounces of tobacco at your local tobaccanist. As for a pipe, Savinelli makes some nice churchwarden style pipes, as does Stanwell.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
If you don't mind estate pipes, I've had good luck with pipes off eBay. As for matches, any grocery store will have matches. What do you mean by 'pipe matches'?

Edward

Bartender
For someone interested in the 30s and 40s, Falcon pipes would be a good choice:

64_1.jpg

64_3.jpg

Further information:

http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/pipe.php?page=107

http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/pipe.php?page=64

Secondhand pipes are a good buy. eBay UK yields many new Falcon pipes for in and around GBP26.00 new, or less than half of that used.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
by pipe matches i mean long matches that are an inch longer than the normal match so they can get to the bottom of the pipe without you burning yourself
I have never found that necessary. If you take a puff while holding the match over the bowl, the draft brings the flame where it needs to be.

birkie

Familiar Face
dose anybody know where i could get a box of good pipe matches and a good pipe
i'm mostly looking for a long one but can't find any

You're in Springfield, MO? If so, then [url="http://justforhim.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3]Just For Him[/url] might be a good place to look, as they are physically located in Springfield yet are known on a national level as an eclectic source of pipes, tobacco, etc, etc.

davidraphael

Practically Family
This is going to be absolutely useless to you, but there's a great pipe and cigar shop in the Alpine Bavarian town of Sonthofen!

12878243.jpg

pfeifenschrank3.jpg

pfeifenschrank1.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That shop looks fantastic.

I am preparing some more of my pipe collection to sell as well. I've sold 5 of them on ebay so far (I had posted links in the classified section here), and all of my pipes have been well cared for and not heavily used.
You're interested in a long one: I was thinking about unloading a Savinelli black rusticated Dublin churchwarden. It's about 10-11 inches long and I've only used aromatics in it. I've smoked it somewhere between 10-15 times over the past three years and the cake is thin and smooth.
pipelogue058.jpg

pipelogue061.jpg

I just don't smoke enough to justify my collection. Please PM if you're interested. I'd take $48 shipping included.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
David -

I want to repost those photos in a pipe forum I frequent. You'll be given all credit. I think some of our members will love what they see here.

davidraphael

Practically Family
no problem. which forum? I didn't take the pictures, though - I just found them online.

I no longer smoke so haven't been in the shop for quite some time, but it's a very nice shop indeed. In addition to pipes and cigars/tobacco, etc they also have a nice selection of single malt whiskys (and local schnaps, of course)

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
by pipe matches i mean long matches that are an inch longer than the normal match so they can get to the bottom of the pipe without you burning yourself
Cigar lounges and shops often provide long matches for free. Davidoff also sell long sulphur-less matches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo