Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do I find a correct B-9 Parka Decal (AAF)?

SIGGY

A-List Customer
try here

Hello I found a site in England for reenactors,they are into WW2 USAAF stuff etc,maybe a post there will help,good luck!!! here's the site adress,
Aces Contrails and Unsung Heroes it's afunny title but it works and they have posting areas.
Johnny Signor
WeBeEmblems@aol.com

Rick

New in Town
trying to place the AAF star and wings

I've been trying to find info on where to place an AAF star and wings patch.

Also trying to decide what type to go with; decal, felt patch, or leather.

I don't want to place my A-2 to any time or theatre during WWII.

Just want to add a little bit to the jacket without making it particularly distinguishable.

I've seen leather on the right arms of Burma India jackets

I've seen decals on the left arms of many

Haven't seen any cloth ones yet though.

Seems like the Air Force one belonged to typically is on the left arm

But then the Burma India coats are the only ones I've seen with it on the right.

I know there seems to be no REAL right answer, but what do you know?

Thanks

cco23i

A-List Customer
Weston,
Why do you want a decal? Many of the jackets in the late production (and some early) didn't have any insignia on the sleeve. Just trying to make it easy. I have a B-9 I just bought and it has no shoulder insignia.

scott

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
Rick,
when I get another A-2 I think I'm going to go to http://artbysky.org/html/jacketartprices.html for the first time and have them paint the wing and star on the sleeve which airmen did in WW II too on A-2's but if I was going to spend alot of money and buy an Eastman A-2 or etc I'd order the A-2 with the wing and star water transfer decal on the sleeve like I did years ago when an Eastman A-2 was $400 and I was very happy with it but this time when I buy an A-2 I'm just going to buy a cheaper A-2 so I'll have the wing and star painted on and hope they'll do a good job.
Mike

Also trying to decide what type to go with; decal, felt patch, or leather.

I don't want to place my A-2 to any time or theatre during WWII.

Just want to add a little bit to the jacket without making it particularly distinguishable.

I've seen leather on the right arms of Burma India jackets

I've seen decals on the left arms of many

Haven't seen any cloth ones yet though.

Seems like the Air Force one belonged to typically is on the left arm

But then the Burma India coats are the only ones I've seen with it on the right.

I know there seems to be no REAL right answer, but what do you know?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Weston

A-List Customer
Wow, quite an old thread! I'm trying to remember why I wanted one...perhaps just to honor my connection to the Air Force's history. (I'm reserves, so the idea of wearing our history on my sleeve is neat).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace