Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you hang your hat?

frussell

One Too Many
I've got about 7 of that same vendor's free-standing hat stands, and they are excellent. You can bend the circular part down at an angle so your hat doesn't get any bumps in the crown. Great folks to deal with, good products. Frank

I have several like this one:
http://www.cavenders.com/product.asp?cat=6&dept_id=4599&pf_id=BD51848

While it is noted as a western hat rack it works really well for my fedoras.

If the link doesn't work a search with google for western hat rack should turn it up. The rack is a wall mount wood plate with a double wire frame that protrudes from the wood part. Two parallel supports stick out and the crown fits between them as the hat sets crown down with the side sections of the brim supported by the two wire sections.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I prefer the standing hat racks myself. I got a nice one on Ebay a few years ago. It's new, but has a vintage look to it. It holds eight hats, and usually has every prong taken.

hatrack1.jpg

Lloyd

A-List Customer
blasphemy pure and simple :eeek:
I've got 2 of the 5 hat hangers shown in Jedwbpm's pic

Last edited:

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Any source for that rack? Or a name on it I can use to search?

-Tim

Hi Tim. I actually cannot remember the exact name of that model rack. However, I did buy it on Ebay, and just looked up the seller. The seller on Ebay is "everyday_furniture". They do have some similar racks listed currently. One might be to your fancy...

email68

One of the Regulars
Hi Tim. I actually cannot remember the exact name of that model rack. However, I did buy it on Ebay, and just looked up the seller. The seller on Ebay is "everyday_furniture". They do have some similar racks listed currently. One might be to your fancy...

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Tim

TFigg

New in Town
Hat Racks?

I now have now acquired 4 hats from Benchcraft Hatters from NY, what is the best way to store these in order to have access to them? I wear a different hat almost each day and do not want to place them in boxes. Are their racks to buy like in stores? head models? Do you merely sit them on a shelf?....looking for a way to grab and go

Viktor

One of the Regulars
I now have now acquired 4 hats from Benchcraft Hatters from NY, what is the best way to store these in order to have access to them? I wear a different hat almost each day and do not want to place them in boxes. Are their racks to buy like in stores? head models? Do you merely sit them on a shelf?....looking for a way to grab and go

TFigg - Welcome to the FL, this link will give you excellent ideas:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?45034-How-do-you-display-your-hats

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Sorry if this is not relevant, but I have a question. I have now acquired 4 hats from Benchcraft Hatters from NY, what is the best way to store these in order to have access to them? I wear a different hat almost each day and do not want to place them in boxes. Are their racks to buy like in stores? head models?

There are many threads on this topic. Here's one. Welcome!

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?418

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

It depends on several things :)
First ) - Are you MARRIED? Wives tend to have STRONG feelings of how things LOOK in ones domicile and putting hats OUT and within easy reach effects that LOOK :)
Second) - ARE you planning on getting MORE than your 4 so would you need ALOT of racks/storage fixtures ?
Third) - How much $s do you want to spend?
Myself, I'm single, and have just 6 hats and have a Victorian Hall Tree I've had for over 30 years now that still has room for 2 more hats! I keep my Panamas in hat boxes during the winter, and switch the felts to the boxes when I bring out my Panamas.
Onward thru the fog:)

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I have bought 4 Hat Racks on ebay and have put up 3 of them. Most of my Hats are now out of the closet and hat boxes.
First is a 5 banger by the front door. Under it in the picture is my other collecting habit Disney Pins.
hallstrieghton.jpg

hallside.jpg

then in the launder room by the garage is a 5 and 6 banger
laundryroom.jpg

I love having my hats out. On seeing all my hats I realize I have a lot of black ones, and I want more. Does that make me bad to like Black Hats?

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner