Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you take your leather jacket for alteration.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Hadn’t seen that website but it seems to be mostly Bronson and other Chinese workwear brands. He may well be a dealer for them, but I was referring to vintage leather jackets.
I've got no issues with the Chinese brands (Pineal Jet Leather...etc). Not popular with some but I find value in them.

I was mainly wondering if he "refurbish" vintage jackets he gets from Japan. Like clean them up, new lining, fix zips...etc. These are always the reason I don't partake in the vintage side. Lots of extra work to do on my end and adds up to (more than) a new repro pricing. But for the right pattern I would like to find a one stop shop. I followed him on Insta and maybe he turns out to be another hidden gem like JL... Heck Fake Alpha sells on Farfetch, just not leather jackets.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Hadn’t seen that website but it seems to be mostly Bronson and other Chinese workwear brands. He may well be a dealer for them, but I was referring to vintage leather jackets.
Hopefully vintage jackets are a better deal; the items on this website can be found at 1/3 cost on Aliexpress.

Helix

Familiar Face
I had the belt loops on a RMC 30s Mobster Sport Jacket removed at a place called Tailor It in Oakland (https://tailor-it-tailor.business.site/). He does a lot of leather alterations and he did a very nice job removing the belt loops. He said it wasn't quite as straightforward as it seemed, but the job was well done and it looks like they were never there.

I was at JL a few weeks ago and I believe he told me at this time they are only accepting alterations for items purchased/produced at their store.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've heard Zoltan also sources vintage jackets for the Japanese market and you can buy them directly from him if you see something you like.
I don’t know about that but it wouldn’t surprise me. He has a Rin Tanaka motorcycle jacket book displayed behind the counter and he seems pretty knowledgeable about leather jackets when I chat with him.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don’t know about that but it wouldn’t surprise me. He has a Rin Tanaka motorcycle jacket book displayed behind the counter and he seems pretty knowledgeable about leather jackets when I chat with him.

Derek Guy is the one who mentioned it.

Jiantle

Familiar Face
I'm currently in Seattle area and just found that Ralph at Ralph's Leather is leather expert. Helped me altered an aero leather 1950s HB.

Just curious if people can always find good local leather alteration places.
I'm also in the Seattle area and just stumbled upon Ralph's Leather. How's the workmanship and cost?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21