Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you wear yours?

Washington

New in Town
No fair...

I ran across those prints in a small shop in the Outer Banks last year and have been looking for who the artist was ever since. I had searched high and low and finally found out a week ago and now here they are showing up on the lounge. :) Timing is everything, I suppose.

They are a really cool set, for those who haven't seen them yet. And, here I thought I was going to have something no one else did.

Still, I've been unable to locate them anywhere but in the UK. Do any of you gentleman (or ladies, of course) know where I might pick them up in the states?

Best,
Washington

Agency

TommySalieri said:
Hey, Lt.

What agency do you work for? How about working your magic on some of the boys at my old agency? lol

Tommy, myself and the redknight1775 work for the Mission Police Dept. down here on the Rio Grande in deep south Texas. I think with all of us here at the FL we can change the way the world thinks about how people dress. Myself I've never had any body say anything bad about the way I dress but have had people say grand things about how good I look in my suit and hat. Mybe its because they may know I armed.lol lol What agency did/do you work for?

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Is it really a West Coast thing to not be dressed up? Probably right, I did get the idea that people on the East Coast dress nicer and especially in Euroupe. Arrg, all these things bother me. I've worn just a sport coat and I get comments like "Why do you wear a suit all the time", then I try to explain that its not a suit just a coat (and I'm also wearing jeans, mind you). The hat thing, never gotten a negative comment for my fedoras I always get "Nice lid", "Cool hat!", "Hey man, you look like a gangsta!" and countless others. It also has appeared to have become a trademark of mine. Wearing my suit is another story. I never go out on a regular basis in a suit but there has been times when there was no occasion for it. Halloween for instance, I wore my suit as apart of my caped costume and just kept it on the rest of the day. In the night I went to dinner with a friend and I got some screwy looks from a couple of people. Always those screwy looks, but I didn't get any when I had my walking stick, go figure. The older folks usually appricieate my dressing nice. I get the best comments from them even for little stuff like wearing a tie, "Wow, you look nice". I have worn just a tie with a work shirt and jeans and have been asked if I'm going somewhere. Ugh, so much of that! What happened to dressing nice, where did it go? Some people think I'm stupid for "getting dressed up". Like my brother (hes a pretty hardcore skater by the way, lip tricks, front slides, ollies broken more than one board...thanks to him I know who Geoff Rowley and Ali Boolala are) he calls any shirt with a collar and buttons a "fancy" shirt and refuses to wear a shirt and tie with his suit, just wend up wearing a black t-shirt sweater thingy. My parents have different opinions. My dad always asks when we go somewhere, "You're gonna wear that hat Quinn?" and I respond, "Dad, I always wear my hats" and then he shoots me a weird look and we go on. He doesn't seem to find me dressing up for certain things strange. My mom is real concerned about what I wear sometimes...arrg, everyone is against me! Thank god for the Fadora Lounge!

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Lieutenant said:
Tommy, myself and the redknight1775 work for the Mission Police Dept. down here on the Rio Grande in deep south Texas. I think with all of us here at the FL we can change the way the world thinks about how people dress. Myself I've never had any body say anything bad about the way I dress but have had people say grand things about how good I look in my suit and hat. Mybe its because they may know I armed.lol lol What agency did/do you work for?

Sorry for the late reply, Lt. You concealed weapon might indeed have an effect on others. lol

I worked for the Chula Vista PD for some time as a cadet. Right now, I'm in the process of getting an Associates in Criminal Justice. At this point, I'm in the hiring process for the National City PD and San Diego Sheriffs.

My old man has been a cop for 20 years. The "Blue Blood" runs in the family, I suppose. lol

Anyway, I do believe that one man or a small group of individuals, can make a huge difference if they are determined and confident enough to make it happen but the problem is that most people are Followers. They wait until something becomes "the norm". It's like a game of Follow The Leader, but on a much grander scale. :) But who knows, maybe one day historians will look back on these years and consider them the days when society got it's class back. ;)

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
ArrowCollarMan said:
Is it really a West Coast thing to not be dressed up? Probably right, I did get the idea that people on the East Coast dress nicer and especially in Euroupe. Arrg, all these things bother me. I've worn just a sport coat and I get comments like "Why do you wear a suit all the time", then I try to explain that its not a suit just a coat (and I'm also wearing jeans, mind you). The hat thing, never gotten a negative comment for my fedoras I always get "Nice lid", "Cool hat!", "Hey man, you look like a gangsta!" and countless others. It also has appeared to have become a trademark of mine. Wearing my suit is another story. I never go out on a regular basis in a suit but there has been times when there was no occasion for it. Halloween for instance, I wore my suit as apart of my caped costume and just kept it on the rest of the day. In the night I went to dinner with a friend and I got some screwy looks from a couple of people. Always those screwy looks, but I didn't get any when I had my walking stick, go figure. The older folks usually appricieate my dressing nice. I get the best comments from them even for little stuff like wearing a tie, "Wow, you look nice". I have worn just a tie with a work shirt and jeans and have been asked if I'm going somewhere. Ugh, so much of that! What happened to dressing nice, where did it go? Some people think I'm stupid for "getting dressed up". Like my brother (hes a pretty hardcore skater by the way, lip tricks, front slides, ollies broken more than one board...thanks to him I know who Geoff Rowley and Ali Boolala are) he calls any shirt with a collar and buttons a "fancy" shirt and refuses to wear a shirt and tie with his suit, just wend up wearing a black t-shirt sweater thingy. My parents have different opinions. My dad always asks when we go somewhere, "You're gonna wear that hat Quinn?" and I respond, "Dad, I always wear my hats" and then he shoots me a weird look and we go on. He doesn't seem to find me dressing up for certain things strange. My mom is real concerned about what I wear sometimes...arrg, everyone is against me! Thank god for the Fadora Lounge!

Arrow, I do admire your courage and the confidence that you have in yourself. At your age, I was too busy trying to fit in with the rest. I couldn't handle the pressure! But, as the years went by, I began to believe in myself and wore what I wanted to wear. For example: At age 17, I showed up on the first day of my senior year wearing a black leather jacket and jeans. I got a lot of weird stares from the other students. Hell, some were even outright hostile! But guess what? I didin't budge and 2 months later, black leather jackets were a dime a dozen on campus. Guys wore it like it was cool.

Just stick to what you are doing and don't ever let others discourage you from what makes you happy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points