Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where in the World are all the Hat Wearers?

Where in the World are the Hat Wearers?

• US-West (peace, dudes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US-South (inc. Texas cuz ya'll talk funny, too)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • US-Northeast (north of the Mason-Dixon line)

• US-Midwest (only you know why)

• Australia (G'day)

• Europe

• Asia

• South America

• Central America, Mexico and Canada

• Other (is it really cold or amazingly hot there?)

• Total voters

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Of course, I have to modify this a little. Where I grew up, western New York State, we have the head waters of the Alleghany River. Rain that falls on the northern tier of Chautauqua County will flow north into Lake Erie, and eventually into the Atlantic via the St Lawrence. Likewise, rain that falls just south of there flows into Chautauqua Lake, which flows into the Conewango River thence to the Alleghany River, meeting the Monongahela at Pittsburgh to form the mighty Ohio River, which ultimately reaches the Gulf of Mexico via the Mississippi. However no part of New York can legitimately be considered to be in the Mid West. But we're very very close. One could also say we're Appalachia. That's a region that stretches from the Canadian Maritimes all the way down to the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas. The Society for Creative Anachronisms places their Debatable Lands in the middle of this region. Very appropriate.
You could make an argument that East Texas is part of the South, but West Texas is definitely Plains or Rockies. Or just a world in itself.
That's the problem with hard and fast distinctions. They provide infinite opportunities for pointless discussions. :rolleyes:

dawgvet

Familiar Face
I was blessed to be born, reared, and currently reside in north Georgia, which is way different than south Georgia, but getting too darn close to Atlanta.

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
A Graphic Aid :) :) :)

I can see why some of you are having such a hard time figuring out where you live.
Therefore I am posting a map of the good old USA to Help. :rolleyes:

PC56_Comic_Texas_Map.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:
I hope that this will help settle the issue
(with apologies to Carter :eek: :eek: )

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
The South...

Northern Florida...where I-10 and I-75 slam into one another...:D ..Though I've lived all over this wonderful country...Though my start was in California...
Thanks to the Government Travel Agency (The US ARMY)...I saw a whole lot more than I ever expected!:D

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Metro Denver, COLORADO - The Rocky Mountain West - The MILE HIGH City where the Rocky Mountains meet the Great Plains (The High Plains, actually).:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn