Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is AtomicEraTom ?

Coors was a treat in our house in Indiana as it was not sold east of the Mississippi back then. My Dad had a friend that was a truck driver that did runs to the west coast who brought some back east a couple times a year.

My wife had never seen the movie 'Smoky and the Bandit' when she watched it with me a while back. She totally could not understand the big deal about smuggling a truckload of Coors to Georgia. I guess to today's audiences, that premise really wouldn't make much sense.

My wife had never seen the movie 'Smoky and the Bandit' when she watched it with me a while back. She totally could not understand the big deal about smuggling a truckload of Coors to Georgia. I guess to today's audiences, that premise really wouldn't make much sense.
I'd guess there were a lot of movies made in the 60s and 70s that wouldn't make much sense to today's audiences. lol

Coors was a treat in our house in Indiana as it was not sold east of the Mississippi back then. My Dad had a friend that was a truck driver that did runs to the west coast who brought some back east a couple times a year.

Same here. Bootleg Coors was considered an 'exotic'..but remember just what was mainly offered locally in Indiana the '60s-'70s. Schlitz..PBR...Falstaff...Falls City...Drewrys..Bud...among a few others of not so tasteful brews. An ice cold Coors at that time was something different without that same old saloon taste as the others.
HD

Same here. Bootleg Coors was considered an 'exotic'..but remember just what was mainly offered locally in Indiana the '60s-'70s. Schlitz..PBR...Falstaff...Falls City...Drewrys..Bud...among a few others of not so tasteful brews. An ice cold Coors at that time was something different without that same old saloon taste as the others.
HD
As one of my brothers-in-law said in reference to Coors during a vacation to southern California in the early-80s, "I know it's garbage, but we can't get it in Chicago. It's not that it's 'good' or 'bad', it's just 'different'."

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Still...offer me only the choice of a Bud or a Coors...and I'll pick a cold Coors every time....
HD

The Bud seems to have more advertising and some good hype but when you stop to think about a good beer, does a "born date" of a few days ago making that beer anything special? No.! Aged beer, (like some of people here on the Lounge) is far better than a new beer any day. Bud has always tasted like old radiator water to us here in the household. And you are right good Sir, the coors is a bit more of a taste for a beer than most other normal brands.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up

My Dad would always put one or two cartons in the trunk when we headed to Iowa. My Uncles all liked it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran