Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is AtomicEraTom ?

I'm as surprised as everyone else :p

I TOLD y'all he was still alive! :D

Thank you!

Have had a lot of good, and a few bads.

My grandfather passed away on November 12th, and I'm still trying to deal with that.

The plant announced a layoff of 90 people. I still have a job, but had to leave 1st shift and go to 2nd.
Shortly thereafter, the plant caught fire in the warehouse.
On the upside, so many people quit and retired, they have decided not to have a layoff.

Welcome back sir, you've been missed. Very glad to hear all is well. Congratulations on the house - sound greats.

Welcome back Tom!
Things just haven't been the same without you.
860adcc0b17133cae7dc45ddfc40395a.jpg

That is completely WRONG. I would stay thirsty instead of drinking that swill. lol lol

Thank you!

My grandfather passed away on November 12th, and I'm still trying to deal with that.

The plant announced a layoff of 90 people. I still have a job, but had to leave 1st shift and go to 2nd.
On the upside, so many people quit and retired, they have decided not to have a layoff.

Geez Man! You have seen some stuff since the last time you were here. Well at least you have a job and a house is a plus too.
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. What happens to the summer house now?

kaiser

A-List Customer

Thank you!

Hi Tom,

I am the guy that started all of this by asking where you have been, good to here something from you. Sorry to hear about your grandfather, my condolences to you and your family.

You are lucky on the job front, things are starting to look a little rough out there in many industries, my outfit, an automobile parts manufacturer has just anounced somejob cuts in our plant, not going to hit me, but I feel sorry for theones it does.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Life has been hectic, to say the least. I don't know if I mentioned Campaigning for my Father's Sheriff's race, either. That was a handful!

He had a good 84 years, but I sure miss him. I certainly have a lot to remember him by, though. About half of his things ended up in my house.

As for the summer house, my grandparents gave that to dad close to 15 years ago, so there will be no change there.

Geez Man! You have seen some stuff since the last time you were here. Well at least you have a job and a house is a plus too.
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. What happens to the summer house now?

I'm glad to know that someone missed me lol

The funny thing about his final days is that in 3 or 4 visits, I got more words of wisdom from him than I had gotten in 24 years of knowing him. It seemed to just pour out at the end. Not to mention some of the most meaningful moments between him and I that I ever had. I admired him all my life and I miss him every day.

10614155_10152803071719330_4664744764056670680_n_zpscqraoqik.jpg

I loved the photo Grandma picked for the obituary. That is exactly how I will always remember Grandpa. He looked just like that my whole life.

It's a tough thing to see happen to people. The better half lost her job there. I mean, 90 people of 450 is no small amount, that's for sure. They shut down about 1/3 of the plant. Hopefully, we'll soldier on and it will all be for the better.

Hi Tom,

I am the guy that started all of this by asking where you have been, good to here something from you. Sorry to hear about your grandfather, my condolences to you and your family.

You are lucky on the job front, things are starting to look a little rough out there in many industries, my outfit, an automobile parts manufacturer has just anounced somejob cuts in our plant, not going to hit me, but I feel sorry for theones it does.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Last edited:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I've about decided that Sheriff's races don't follow the same rules as other elections. Even in years where incumbency is a political liability, incumbent sheriffs typically still win. It happened here this past November.

Our sheriff had decided to retire and had announced his intention not to file. Based on that, a former State Trooper...who was also a very popular municipal commissioner...filed for the office. Then the sheriff changed his mind and decided to file, after all. The former trooper ran an excellent campaign, knocking on doors, advertising and speaking at every meeting of every organization in the county. He also spent between $75,000 and $100,000 in a one-county race with no primary. The incumbent sheriff spent $4000 and didn't campaign at all.

And the incumbent sheriff won.

AF

That is almost exactly what happened here.

Sheriff Richards said he was retiring and immediately 4 people began running on the Republican ticket, and one Democrat. Once my dad announced he was running, the other Republicans all dropped out. The day of the deadline to file, the current sheriff decided he was back in the game.

My dad ran a good, honest campaign, being deemed an "outsider" by the media. The other two parties, however, did not. There was a lot of dirty pool, lies, harassment, etc. My brother and I worked along side my dad day and night on that campaign and never stopped running all over the county. Our lives were consumed by it, but it still wasn't enough.

When Dad lost, the DA told him "It's just as well, you're too nice for politics."

I've about decided that Sheriff's races don't follow the same rules as other elections. Even in years where incumbency is a political liability, incumbent sheriffs typically still win. It happened here this past November.

Our sheriff had decided to retire and had announced his intention not to file. Based on that, a former State Trooper...who was also a very popular municipal commissioner...filed for the office. Then the sheriff changed his mind and decided to file, after all. The former trooper ran an excellent campaign, knocking on doors, advertising and speaking at every meeting of every organization in the county. He also spent between $75,000 and $100,000 in a one-county race with no primary. The incumbent sheriff spent $4000 and didn't campaign at all.

And the incumbent sheriff won.

AF

Peacoat

Bartender
I still live in a house with PBR in it sometimes. Any port in a storm.

In my college days, PBR was the beer to drink. It slumped for awhile, but has seen a resurgence with the indie and hipster crowd. I noticed a few years ago the formula had been changed, and the PBR we knew and loved for so many years was no more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff