Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Where there's tea, there's hope"

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I drink tea decaf tea at night.
Then a "sleepy time" tea before bedtime.
On the weekends, I drink regular tea to keep me going.
No milk or cream, but a small amount of sugar or splenda.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My daughter and I just had a fancy tea party for lunch today. Cucumber sandwiches, lemon cupcakes, and a pot of peach tea with honey and milk. She loved getting all dressed up, and using her fancy manners.

10441431_10152263260409234_3917488487933800757_n_zps3b8b3a4e.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
This was a spur-of-the-moment tea party. You should see when I go all out! She is a very lucky little girl.

The teacup she used belonged to a friend's great grandma, and was gifted to my daughter so the friend's family tradition of tea parties would continue. I love it. :)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
A couple more of our past tea parties.

1277521_10151740938634234_1307150687_o_zps0afc88ef.jpg

Celebrating the anniversary of my beloved Grannie's passing. We had her favorite kind of sandwiches (Lebanon bologna, and Swiss cheese), cucumber sandwiches, jam thumbprints (with home made raspberry jam), our family recipe for Sandebakkels (a type of shortbread), two kinds of tea, veggies, and grapes. My daughter is wearing Grannie's pearl necklaces.

1622048_10152028966384234_1247179149_n_zpsa3591399.jpg

My husband joined us for this Valentine's tea - mainly because he wanted the goodies. Egg salad sandwiches, cucumber-and-turkey pinwheels, cheese straws, sweet nutmeg scones with home made peach preserves, almond meringue kisses, grapes, coconut Chai tea for me, and hot chocolate for my daughter and husband.

I have fun making these special for Lily. I know that she's old enough to remember these things all her life.

dnjan

One Too Many
Plus, a fantastic collection of photographs for the rehearsal dinner before she gets married!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Oh, yes! I take a ton of photos of her. And video.

(Before she was born we had a lot of the people that are important in our lives - parents, siblings, friends, etc.) video little messages for her of what advice they would give her about life, what they want her to know about who she is, where she comes from. I know that many of those people won't be around when she's grown up, so it is nice to have captured those special moments for her.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points