Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which fedora???

Sparafucile

New in Town
Greetings all,

I'm new here, but not to hats. I want to buy a new everyday hat, and I'm looking at three fedoras: I wear a C-Crown (teardrop, preferably tapered, not too high), just under a 2 1/2 brim, grey, and around a hundred bucks.

The three are: the Stefeno Executive the Stefeno Executive; the Jaxon Bogart; and the Scala Venice.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions of any other hat that I may have missed.

Many thanks in advance for your advice!

Sparafucile

New in Town
Sparafucile said:
Greetings all,

I'm new here, but not to hats. I want to buy a new everyday hat, and I'm looking at three fedoras: I wear a C-Crown (teardrop, preferably tapered, not too high), just under a 2 1/2 brim, grey, and around a hundred bucks.

The three are: the Stefeno Executive the Stefeno Executive; the Jaxon Bogart; and the Scala Venice.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions of any other hat that I may have missed.

Many thanks in advance for your advice!

Ooops, I just realized that I left out my question: "What are your opinions of these brands?" I've only owned a Scala, and I thought it was a good value, but I didn't like the S-M-L sizing - I don't know anything about the reputation of the Stefeno or the Jaxon - what do you think of them?

Many thanks!

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sparafucile said:
Ooops, I just realized that I left out my question: "What are your opinions of these brands?" I've only owned a Scala, and I thought it was a good value, but I didn't like the S-M-L sizing - I don't know anything about the reputation of the Stefeno or the Jaxon - what do you think of them?

Many thanks!
Personally, none are my cup a tea, I'm more of a Vintage type of guy.....and custom, but if I were to pick one, I'd have to say the Bogart. [huh]

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Never buy a hat that is sized S, M, L, XL

Buying a hat can be a real crap shoot. Even hats that have proper sizes aren't always consistent. While I prefer the look of the Stefano Executive to the look of the other two, the sizing is an issue.

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Hat choices

I have a Scala, and it was a good buy for the money (about $60 and change, bought on sale). I agree with other posters here that you need to be careful about sizing. Best to get to a hat store.

The Bogart looks pretty good.

Sparafucile

New in Town
Matt Deckard said:
Bogart looks the most classic.

Not too high crowned and not too tapered.

Agreed - not only for looks, but because it was the only one with actual sizes. I also found a 2008 thread here on this hat which sealed the deal for me!

I also wound up getting it for $20 less than the price you see!

And thanks to all that answered!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore