Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Flat Head back design looks better?

AHP91

Practically Family
Dude you need to stop typing and go to the squat rack and start curling. Using the rack as God intended. LW sleeves won’t fill themselves!

I’ve wondered about guys who acquire jackets that fit them to a T at their current frame, and no more. If they decide to change their life and sing the prayers of the barbell, they will have a Five Star factory of too small jackets

I’ve wondered about guys who acquire jackets that fit them to a T at their current frame, and no more. If they decide to change their life and sing the prayers of the barbell, they will have a Five Star factory of too small jackets
Always good to allow room for growth. Positive or negative! My comment was meant to be a joke but I’ve thought about that myself. I’m 50 now. I don’t know how much longer I can keep
Up 5 days a week but I certainly don’t intend on stopping anytime soon. I’m hopeful that as I shrink in some areas I don’t simultaneously grow in others. LOL.
One thing is for certain, as I’ve aged, my hair is suddenly much thicker (ear, nose and back).

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
A couple of comments here:

1. Whenever there is arguments here between people I like, I get a bit worried. Sort of feels like being a kid and listening to your parents having a fight. Perhaps a bit of a silly reaction.

2. How can @ton312 lift weights 5 days a week at 50? I’m 42 and I feel like my recovery time shot through the roof compared to ten years ago. I think 3 times a week is probably max for me, most weeks 2 times is enough.

jeo

One Too Many
A couple of comments here:

1. Whenever there is arguments here between people I like, I get a bit worried. Sort of feels like being a kid and listening to your parents having a fight. Perhaps a bit of a silly reaction.

I think that's an issue with much of the western world. They can’t have a heated argument without hating each other. Some people won’t even engage with others that have an opposite view. That’s the worst (talking serious issues here, not jackets) I’m middle eastern, we’re used to screaming at each other and hugging it out immediately afterwards lol!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I realize that I have very strong opinions but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other people's opinions. To the contrary, I'd like to invite people to share theirs and discuss their viewpoints. Which is exactly what @jeo did. Meanwhile, in parallel with this discussion, I was sharing finds and deals with @jeo via Instagram chat lol. I think it's safe to say we're good :).

If we'd all agree on everything this forum would become extremely boring very fast.

jeo

One Too Many
I love The Flat Head! To me they are the only ones who get it A-Z out of the Japanese makers. Their D pocket in particular.

IMG_3394.jpeg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I think that's an issue with much of the western world. They can’t have a heated argument without hating each other. Some people won’t even engage with others that have an opposite view. That’s the worst (talking serious issues here, not jackets) I’m middle eastern, we’re used to screaming at each other and hugging it out immediately afterwards lol!

I very much agree with you on that. Always found it silly when disagreements led to personal animosity. One of my closest friends since childhood have become a pretty famous right wing pundit here in Sweden. Sooo many of our old mutual friends don’t want anything to do with him, and have even questioned why I am still friends with him. Give me a break, just because we’re friends doesn’t mean I have to agree with him about his politics.

I realize that I have very strong opinions but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other people's opinions. To the contrary, I'd like to invite people to share theirs and discuss their viewpoints. Which is exactly what @jeo did. Meanwhile, in parallel with this discussion, I was sharing finds and deals with @jeo via Instagram chat lol. I think it's safe to say we're good :).

If we'd all agree on everything this forum would become extremely boring very fast.

Absolutely, if we all agreed on everything it would just die. Glad to know both you and Jon are good

My philosophy is that a shitty workout still counts, so on days when my energy is low and there is no intensity, at least I am still moving. In my opinion this yields a good result mentally, if not maximum benefit physically.

I like that thinking! A big part of the reason I can’t lift more frequently is that I have a hard time dialling down the intensity. If I’m not pushing myself until I’m dizzy it’s just not as fun lol

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Lol what happened in this thread? So do you guys like TFH jackets or?

At this point I want to see a measuring tape to the jacket before I buy it. Unless the deal is good enough I don't mind to throw money away at it. It would also be nice to have the chance to try the jacket on in person.

jeo

One Too Many
I very much agree with you on that. Always found it silly when disagreements led to personal animosity. One of my closest friends since childhood have become a pretty famous right wing pundit here in Sweden. Sooo many of our old mutual friends don’t want anything to do with him, and have even questioned why I am still friends with him. Give me a break, just because we’re friends doesn’t mean I have to agree with him about his politics.

I’m glad to hear you’re still friends with him. I’d imagine at the core there’s more in common that’s actually important like family than not.

There’s so much division, even for people who are “on the same side” that’s it’s essentially impossible to talk about politics unless it’s echo chambers or it’s arguments turned into hateful vitriol. It’s quite sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner