Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Flat Head back design looks better?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve wondered about guys who acquire jackets that fit them to a T at their current frame, and no more. If they decide to change their life and sing the prayers of the barbell, they will have a Five Star factory of too small jackets
I have some experience with exactly this. I got back into lifting during the pandemic after a break of 12 years. I hit the gym three times a week without fail and in pretty short order a couple of jackets are too small for me. My Aero Type 3 was a perfect for when I weighed 190 with a 43” chest. Now I’m around 205 with a 47” chest and the jacket just looks silly. I am probably going to give it away to my younger (and smaller) brother.
Fortunately for me, I like my jackets with a little bit extra room so most of them still fit me just fine even with the weight lifting gains.

Brandrea33

One Too Many

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have some experience with exactly this. I got back into lifting during the pandemic after a break of 12 years. I hit the gym three times a week without fail and in pretty short order a couple of jackets are too small for me. My Aero Type 3 was a perfect for when I weighed 190 with a 43” chest. Now I’m around 205 with a 47” chest and the jacket just looks silly. I am probably going to give it away to my younger (and smaller) brother.
Fortunately for me, I like my jackets with a little bit extra room so most of them still fit me just fine even with the weight lifting gains.
I think I'm more in danger of my jackets getting too big at some point lol
If I remember correctly, I haven't changed much in the last 30 years and I don't see why that should happen in the foreseeable future.
One advantage of being 196 cm tall is certainly that 2 kg more or less is hardly noticeable ;)

jeo

One Too Many
This proves nothing, you look good in just about every jacket I’ve ever seen you wear lol

This is true, it proves nothing. I can show good and bad fits by any brand.

Thank you, though I appreciate it.

But trust me, I’ve had plenty of colossal failures when I started back when there wasn’t the info, resources and options there are today. I wasn’t on the Fedora Lounge and only made my account years later.

Self Edge didn’t exist, Standard and Strange didn’t exist, Thurston didn’t exist and when they first came around they were Insurrection and the premier fit didn’t exist, Himel Bros. didn’t exist, a ton of others either and practically no one ever heard of The Real McCoys let alone Flat Head or Freewheelers and to get one you had to be in Japan or have someone proxy for you.

Creed

New in Town
I have the TFH semi-aniline version shown by the thread starter. Actually just visited TFH shop in Harajuku just a week ago. Was there for the sakuras but the rain and cold kept the Sakura from blooming. Wasn’t exactly the best time to be visiting Tokyo.

Didn’t get anything from TFH or bought any leather jackets. Not exactly on body fit pics but maybe just sharing some normal day to day pics from when I was wearing the jacket to see if it will help the thread starter choose what he wants.

I’m pass 50 too and judging by the pudge that’s showing in one of the pic, I should start a 5 days workout week pretty soon.

Ooohhh yeah….did get a Full Count jeans for my son who didn’t join this family trip. Must comfortable pair of selvage jeans I’ve tried on.

Attachments

• IMG_3526.jpeg
    IMG_3526.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3340.jpeg
    IMG_3340.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3336.jpeg
    IMG_3336.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3335.jpeg
    IMG_3335.jpeg