Which high quality leather jackets does the ladies wear?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Ole K. Vik, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Ole K. Vik

Ole K. Vik New in Town

I am looking into getting a high quality leather jacket for my wife after buying 5 for myself in 2020 ;D (Flat Head Delraiser, Himel Bros Wolverine, Fine Creek Leathers Eric, Rainbow Country Sports Jacket and Eastman Leather A-1). So... My question is: What would be your preferred brand and model for the ladies?

2. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

My GF has two leather jackets, the first one is a Lewis Leathers, she loves it and is super happy with it:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/lewis-leathers-super-monza-no-445l-ladies-review.83257/

The second one is an Aero, it looks good, fits decently in pictures, but she find it so uncomfortable she never wears it. As she puts it "it's like whatever movement i make the jacket is always fighting against me"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personally i would recommend Lewis without hesitation, i also have two jackets from them and they are both great.

3. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

jonbuilder, JustinW and Ole K. Vik like this.
  4. Ole K. Vik

Ole K. Vik New in Town

Thanks for the pictures and heads up! As often before my questions have been answered in an excellent thread before and it just didn't pop up in my search... I'm definitely going to take a close look at Lewis and browse your thread for more exciting options.

5. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Thedi makes great looking women's jackets. On their instagram you can find pics of Theodoro's daughter wearing Thedi jackets. Also, @red devil had Thedi make a beautiful women's jacket for his gf.

6. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

The other day I spotted this one on Himel's instagram but I'm pretty sure it's a men's jacket.
    7DC9C362-6C27-4D9C-94FD-2C86909BF237.jpeg

7. Monitor

Monitor

Lewis Leathers, Vanson and Schott are the only companies that actually have been making women's jackets for years and know what they're doing. All the other high quality brands are still experimenting with it, not to say struggling, and I wouldn't really trust any of them with a custom project, without being able to get measured by the maker.
    My ex tried on women's Schott Perfecto in Canada, she looked amazing in it. The jacket was perfect for her, much more so than any Schott ever was on me.

Lewis Leathers also had women's line for decades and perhaps more importantly, they're strongly into fashion so it's sufficient to say they know what they're doing.

Honestly though, I've said it before but I would sooner recommend Ralph Lauren or high-fashion brands like Balenciaga, Rick Owens, Saint Laurent, Balmain, Acne, etc. any day over anything discussed here. These brands now produce jackets that can match anything out there when it comes to quality and they actually know how to make women's jacket.

I swear, these are the best looking creases on the sleeves on the entire forum, ever, without competition. Japanese perfect!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    El Marro, Mich486, dannyk and 3 others like this.
  8. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

JMax, Ole K. Vik and Monitor like this.
  9. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

I would think so, it looks to straight and doesn't show her figure at all. As far as I understand tailoring for ladies is a very different world.

10. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Just wanted to add to the OP that you would have good results with either Thedi or Lewis Leather

This is a pic of the one I got when I received it

[​IMG]

Edit: She is very happy with it :)

roadking04, Angel, JMax and 3 others like this.
  11. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

My wife has zero interest in higher tier manufacturers we discuss here.She would find even vicenza too stiff. She wouldnt want one but if i were going to drop the $ it would be on Coach or something like that. Lambskin. I got her a double rider from some brand that recycles old jackets and reassembles. She liked that. She wouldn’t give a hoot about shinki leather. I’d ask your wife if she wants one first. May prefer shoes.

Edward, Marc mndt and Ole K. Vik like this.
  12. Ole K. Vik

Ole K. Vik New in Town

Very nice.... And quite destructive to the private economy ;D

Mich486 likes this.
  13. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Exactly this. My gf doesn't care for stiff heavy weight jackets. She does appreciate classic style and quality made leather jackets, which is something Ralph Lauren offers.
    E16ECDE0-B6DA-4538-9E9B-8A9EE33F4B43.jpeg

14. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Its frustrating too. I have tried to get my wife to look at a Vanson or Schott to putter around in. She says no, puts on her 8 year old H&M jacket and tells me me to get her shoes, jewelry or jeans. WTF?!? Lol.

15. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

I suggested a reasonable leather jacket to my daughter. But her heart beat for her old, broken H&M fake leather jacket. So I had this copied. Still not my cup of tea, but definitely better quality ;)

made of suede with goat reinforcements

JMax and Monitor like this.
  16. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

My fiancé couldn’t care less about my jackets and boots. They are too expensive. She doesn’t notice a difference. They are all ugly so stop asking which I like better. Who cares what leather it is. Offered to buy her one multiple times, only got her to seriously look once. When we first started dating really. Later found out she was just being nice. I ended up buying her a fake leather costume jacket I guess a character wore on Buffy for like 50 bucks haha.

17. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

She wants shearling next, but something longer, something that goes to mid-thigh. Need to figure out what to get her :)

JMax likes this.
  18. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

19. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Thats cool that she is involved in your leather fetish. My wife used to ride with me all the time and then we had a huge scare on the south Florida interstate and now she won’t get on the bike with me. I miss riding with her but I understand. A near death experience can alter a point of view. It happened right before she got pregnant with our maniac boy too. I think she thinks that if she owns a Vanson or whatever, I will make her get on the bike again.

Carlos840 and red devil like this.
  20. Monitor

Monitor

Marc mndt likes this.