Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which J-100?

belopsky

A-List Customer
Eyeing a few different ones right now, doesn't appear like any are available in the US right now..
Real McCoy would be a custom order by Standard and Strange to get it in, $1900 USD
ELMC looks nice, haven't seen a US stockist..

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
I have a Simmons Bilt J-100 in black goat. Stock off the rack 44". Fits like a bespoke/custom jacket. Bought new.
Some folks on the Lounge have said it is my best fitting jacket from my collection ( I have a fair few !)

This has a 2 way RIRI zipper , handy when sitting on a motorcycle and yer belly bulges haha..

Simmons Bilt J100 June 1.jpg

Simmons Bilt J100 August 15th.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I like the Board Racer quite a lot. But the crown jewel seems to be the RMC. However, I must admit my love (lust) for it has decreased over time.

I like ELMC the most. It's got some tiny details of the earliest J-100, like the double piping around the sleeve & main zipper.

belopsky

A-List Customer
Thanks for the suggestions, the only downside is not sure what sort of return policy there would be for a J-100 from either HPA or Standard and Strange (Eastman, RMC, respectfully) as both would be a special order

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Depends on your body type really.
Off the rack could save a lot of money.
I do love the Simmons Bilt British cafe racer but if you are very slim the Aero Board Racer could be a winner. Otherwise the Aero cafe racer is amazing too.
My all time favourite is the Himel Kensington made to order. But very expensive, albeit well worth the money.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Here is another shot of my Simmons Bilt J100 in black goat, taken at the coast this morning.

Unzipped and untucked T shirt (it was the "beach" after all) , but you'll get the idea.

Simmons Bilt are REALLY good to deal with. I also have a Nebraska in black goat (café racer with a shirt style collar)

I do ride regularly , and these both fit the bill "no worries" as they say in Australia.

Now at the time , in January this year , I got a real good deal on this , NOWHERE NEAR the kind of $USD numbers mentioned in this thread for other "bespoke" makers. I am not, and will never be , shopping at that level tho' I do "like" those variations that appear on the forum regularly.

DISCLAIMER photo already used in the "What jacket..." thread

Simmons Bilt J100 October 7th.jpg

Superfluous

My all time favourite is the Himel Kensington made to order. But very expensive, albeit well worth the money.

^ This . . . x2. I previously owed a RMC J-100. Its a great jacket. However, the shoulders were too broad. I replaced it with two Kensingtons and have never regretted the decision.

That said, my absolute favorite J-100 is . . . . an original Buco.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Now at the time , in January this year , I got a real good deal on this , NOWHERE NEAR the kind of $USD numbers mentioned in this thread for other "bespoke" makers. I am not, and will never be , shopping at that level tho' I do "like" those variations that appear on the forum regularly.

When I got this jacket it was "new" but had been specced by another ( a shop) , Proconsul in LA.
Black goat
Red cotton lining (loud !)
RIRI 2 way zipper
One inside "pistol" pocket
2 zippered chest pockets
2 zippered "hand warmer" pockets

Stock "off the rack" 44" dimensions

Starting from scratch I would probably not have ended up with this exact "combo" of options , but the price was right , it was BRAND NEW WITH TAGS , and I do like it mighty fine anyways, indeed it is/has become one of my "favourites". It does fit me rather well even if I say so myself !

I will be wearing it to the pub tonight for Wednesday $15 AUD "Steak night" (and a "coupla pints of refreshment" , no COVID lockdown here thankfully !).

Here's a few of the original sales photos from when I bought it.

Simmons J100 4.jpg

Simmons J100 3.jpg

Simmons J100 5.jpg

Last edited:

sweetfights

When I got this jacket it was "new" but had been specced by another ( a shop) , Proconsul in LA.
Black goat
Red cotton lining (loud !)
RIRI 2 way zipper
One inside "pistol" pocket
2 zippered chest pockets
2 zippered "hand warmer" pockets

Stock "off the rack" 44" dimensions

Starting from scratch I would probably not have ended up with this exact "combo" of options , but the price was right , it was BRAND NEW WITH TAGS , and I do like it mighty fine anyways, indeed it is/has become one of my "favourites". It does fit me rather well even if I say so myself !

I will be wearing it to the pub tonight for Wednesday $15 AUD "Steak night" (and a "coupla pints of refreshment" , no COVID lockdown here thankfully !).

Here's a few of the original sales photos from when I bought it.

View attachment 268188

View attachment 268189

View attachment 268190

The best fit for me from the Cafe Racer's at Simmons Bilt.
Excellent.

belopsky

A-List Customer
Does anyone here have the Eastman J-100 that can get me measurements? No big rush, and Charles will get me them, but it'll take him some time

belopsky

A-List Customer
RE; sizing - Real Mccoy (London) thinks that a 40 is worth a try in the J-100. I measured my chest and it's 106cm over a tshirt. Per their guide, the jacket is 108cm and they say it'll stretch some too.

In general I have no plans to wear this over a thick shirt, either...a 42 has too wide of shoulders..

Of course RMC isn't my only option here, however that leather is calling me..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21