Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

which jacket do you prefer? please vote!

Ulysse

New in Town
1709937785945.png
1709937487989.png
1709937424012.png
1709937566628.png

1709938319124.png
YOU HAVE IN ORDER OF PRESENTATION: B3 concho ELMC , RAF coastal
AEROLEATHER, B3 concho ELMC again, B7 aearo

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The jackets are so different that you can hardly compare them. It's best to take all three.
I think the Barnstormer is cool, but not for myself.
A friend of @Kenan wears the Barnstormer.

Ulysse

New in Town
your hooded shearling fits you sooo well. i think i'm gonna buy one
The jackets are so different that you can hardly compare them. It's best to take all three.
I think the Barnstormer is cool, but not for myself.
A friend of @Kenan wears the Barnstormer.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
your hooded shearling fits you sooo well. i think i'm gonna buy one

Thank you very much.
However, this is not a standard size, but adapted to my measurements. I didn't want the usual (too) wide fit of the Irvin jackets and therefore took the smallest size that seemed to fit from P2P. The jacket was then lengthened and tapered.

Edward

Bartender
Depends on application, really. I'd go for a barnstormer type if I wanted to wear it over a blazer or a suit jacket. For a short, warm jacket, the CC Irvin from Aero every time. The ELMC B3 would be nice without the concho.... I don't like that addition. To be fair, I can completely see what ELMC are doing: they're not selling a 30s/40s image, but a "Sixties bikers wear old jackets" type of affair. It's an interesting collection with a coherent aesthetic, and they do it very well - albeit at a price bracket that cut me out a very long time ago.

Ulysse

New in Town
Thank you very much.
However, this is not a standard size, but adapted to my measurements. I didn't want the usual (too) wide fit of the Irvin jackets and therefore took the smallest size that seemed to fit from P2P. The jacket was then lengthened and tapered.
And you were absolutely right. I remember once, a renowned guy who works in fashion in Paris confided in me, someone who knows nothing about it: "I'll tell you something, most people wear their clothes one size too big. They wear them too loose." And I must say, as a complete novice looking at all these photos of B3s, I think to myself, "Damn, this jacket is stylish but it always makes people look bigger, it's too bulky." I find your idea of resizing the Irvin and making it less bulky perfect. That's actually what they did with the B3 Concho by ELMC.

Ulysse

New in Town
To illustrate what I'm saying, and I think I'm going to get destroyed by all the purists, look at the difference between a B3 50 cal (a magnificent piece) and a slimmed-down B3 concho, both on two slim guys and on two not-so-slim guys lol. Which one is more wearable, which one gives a "cooler" look and is more versatile? For me, it's clearly the slimmed-down version. And now, purists, I'm waiting for the sticks to get beaten up haha.
1710191540114.png

1710191344907.png
1710191184235.png

1710191220623.png

1710191279290.png

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
To me the ELMC is trying too hard.
Every single pic of that jacket looks like the wearer is trying his hardest to be a badass and failing, it looks like a costume not a casual wear jacket.

I like the RAF hooded one best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner